New Killing Jokes track

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: New Killing Jokes track

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I quite like this song , maybe not so melodic but at least Jaz is singing and not shouty as he was on Hosannas .
All quiet ..........
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Post by RetroRocket »

I loved Pylon, and agree that this could have come from those sessions

This is going to sound awesome live!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 09:16 I quite like this song , maybe not so melodic but at least Jaz is singing and not shouty as he was on Hosannas .
Yes I much prefer it when he sings because he's got a very distinctive voice. I like the Night time /Brighter than a thousand a suns era so I'd be happy with that kind of sound. Pylon was brilliant though so if it sounds like that it will be great.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

jason wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 10:45 Yes I much prefer it when he sings because he's got a very distinctive voice. I like the Night time /Brighter than a thousand a suns era so I'd be happy with that kind of sound. Pylon was brilliant though so if it sounds like that it will be great.
My thoughts exactly. I'm also a big fan of Outside The Gate. I hate it when KJ just dumb it down. So much melodic talent in the band.
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 12:11
jason wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 10:45 Yes I much prefer it when he sings because he's got a very distinctive voice. I like the Night time /Brighter than a thousand a suns era so I'd be happy with that kind of sound. Pylon was brilliant though so if it sounds like that it will be great.
My thoughts exactly. I'm also a big fan of Outside The Gate. I hate it when KJ just dumb it down. So much melodic talent in the band.
Yes I really like Outside the gate as well but I think a lot of KJ fans aren't so keen!
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

I like Outside the Gate as well. I like my KJ albums to be a mixture of loud shouty plus more subtle songs. Revisited Nightime recently. I like Kings and Queens- such a great guitar riff that keeps on popping up. Strangely danceable.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Palais81 wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 13:22 I like Outside the Gate as well. I like my KJ albums to be a mixture of loud shouty plus more subtle songs. Revisited Nightime recently. I like Kings and Queens- such a great guitar riff that keeps on popping up. Strangely danceable.
Yes that's a great track.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I think that new track uses a similar chord sequence to Kings & Queens in the chorus. To be fair it is trademarked to Killing Joke!
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It reminds me of Corporate Elect a bit. I quite like it. 7/10
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I'm warming more to it now. What a great band they are.
Let's Boogie
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Quality track from a quality band. So much looking forward to seeing them in Liverpool on April fools The first time they have played Liverpool in donkeys years The academy is a cracking venue to 👍
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Wow!!
That blew the cobwebs away