Re: The Brits in Three words.

Post by jason »

I just can't believe the Stranglers haven't won anything again! :grin:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

The Brits have always been soulless, boring and corporate. The fact that they're presented by the BPI should have been the first big obvious clue. The fact that they're sponsored by fucking Mastercard should have been the second big obvious clue. Sure, it was great in the '90s when bands like Oasis and Manic Street Preachers were winning awards, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's always been backslap-fest for the music industry. In hindsight, the KLF got it right. Stock Aitken Waterman won best British producer in 1988, for example. They do not give awards for artistic merit, they give awards for whoever has earned the most money for the industry. It's really not worth fussing yourself over.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 23:47 Why are you watching The Brits?!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Just for reference purposes, the only thing half decent was Liam Gallagher playing live, he looked pissed off and out of place, it's just good see how sad it all is, I ended up turning over and watching the Rocket beat Trump in the snooker, not Donald Trump but the dull Judd Trump. Lt Kudu. :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

For "reference purposes", eh? :lol:

Obviously, I didn't bother with it and just watched something else. As someone who continues follow new music, I didn't NEED to watch it. The Brits represents only a tiny fraction of what is going on, not the actual best of what is going on. I'll probably quickly Google who won what out of curiosity, marvel as always at the gulf between what the (increasingly knackered) industry are pushing vs. what music fans are actually listening to, and then not think about it again until someone whines about it next year.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 00:23 The Brits have always been soulless, boring and corporate. The fact that they're presented by the BPI should have been the first big obvious clue. The fact that they're sponsored by fucking Mastercard should have been the second big obvious clue. Sure, it was great in the '90s when bands like Oasis and Manic Street Preachers were winning awards, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's always been backslap-fest for the music industry. In hindsight, the KLF got it right. Stock Aitken Waterman won best British producer in 1988, for example. They do not give awards for artistic merit, they give awards for whoever has earned the most money for the industry. It's really not worth fussing yourself over.
I never agree with you about anything, but totally agree with you about the Brits.It's possibly the only time I will ever agree with you, but for a brief second we are in agreement. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

So again with this knowledge at hand why on earth were you watching it?!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 09:40
StanInBlack wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 00:23 The Brits have always been soulless, boring and corporate. The fact that they're presented by the BPI should have been the first big obvious clue. The fact that they're sponsored by fucking Mastercard should have been the second big obvious clue. Sure, it was great in the '90s when bands like Oasis and Manic Street Preachers were winning awards, but the simple fact of the matter is that it's always been backslap-fest for the music industry. In hindsight, the KLF got it right. Stock Aitken Waterman won best British producer in 1988, for example. They do not give awards for artistic merit, they give awards for whoever has earned the most money for the industry. It's really not worth fussing yourself over.
I never agree with you about anything, but totally agree with you about the Brits.It's possibly the only time I will ever agree with you, but for a brief second we are in agreement. Lt Kudu. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 00:41 I'll probably quickly Google who won what out of curiosity,
I'll save you the trouble - Adele, Billie "depressing" Eilish, some other glossy new people.

I used to watch this in case the Stranglers got anything - even a dismissive mention or a T-shirt in the audience - but it's not worth the bother now, there's no chance.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Surely the Manics should have been up for something?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

As if Ed Sheeran won the best songwriter award! Fucking hell, the guy gets help writing pretty much all of his songs :smt005 And this, Kudu, is why you should never give a shit about the Brits. Ed Sheeran is only the "best" anything in THAT universe.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Even less quality control than the Oscar's. Plus the same amount of corruption.