Cancelled dates

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Cancelled dates

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 18:27 Yes don't give it away, I have Stans tour t shirt and VIP ticket for Reading, but due to the gig bubble he won't be going backstage but he will get a lanyard and signed poster. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Looking forward to you Reading review i hope it's a blinder like the rest of the tour has been so far and i hope you enjoy seeing the band again.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 08 Feb 2022, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

If Baz is unwell I wonder if Hugh got a call from JJ on the off chance?!!! :grin:

Seriously though let's hope nobody is seriously ill.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes let's all hope so because they have been flying so well on this tour so far and good luck to the band on what will hopefully be a speedy recovery back to the stage asap.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

The Cambridge gig won't be the Grand finale after all when the postponed gigs are rescheduled.Feels like the tour is jinxed.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I believe it's Baz who has a sore throat, and so the gigs are postponed and hoping to be at Manchester on Friday.

As I got ready to walk to the station for tonight's gig, I debated whether I should turn on the PC and check emails, but I thought "no, have a night off". So walked to the station, met my mate, got the train, walked to the venue, saw the truck and the coach, but wondered why there weren't many people waiting around the front. Stood around a bit while my mate had a fag, then someone came out of the venue and told us it was postponed. So back to the station, back on the train, just got home now. Still, the walk will do me good.

Bumped into a chap from Ruts DC on the railway station as he was going back down south for a few days, nice bloke and happy to chat for a few minutes.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Sort-of excellent news, Warrington is now on February 27th. That means that the quite-important thing I've got on the 28th is still good, but it means leaving a little bit earlier to get the train home, which is now 22.51 instead of 23.04. Amazed there is one at all on a Sunday night, so can't complain.

So the new dates are

Feb 27th: Warrington Parr Hall
March 23rd: Nottingham Rock City
March 25th: Cardiff Great Hall
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Can't believe they changed the warrington gig to the same day liverpool are playing in a cup final, probably a few refunds on that one I think.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Is that something they usually look at when booking a venue, football fixtures ?
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Warrington is right next to liverpool, there is no liverpool gig this tour , lots of scouse would of bought tickets for the warrington gig and just maybe one or two of them like football aswell. Just saying.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Fair enough.Anyone with football tickets can sell them, watch the game on TV in the pub in Warrington then onto Parr Hall for the Stranglers.Job's a good un.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I'm surprised the other two gigs are so far away from the end of the tour - seems a lot of trouble to put all the stuff together to play two dates. Or perhaps it could be a practice run for future, smaller tours.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Had a look at Cardiff and Rock City bookings and there are blank dates earlier in March.Strange.