Stage times.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Stage times.

Post by Halifax Linda »

So anyone who’s already been on this tour.
What’s stage time?
Going Leeds
Doors 6pm!!!!
Hate early curfews
It changes to night club that opens 11pm!
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Stage times.

Post by parasiteinblack »

At Norwich the band were on at about 8 and we were out by 10pm.
I didn't mind that tbh, seemed to work ok.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

At Stoke, they came on about 9.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Brixton last night was a 2300 curfew
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I think it would be considerate of them to come on a little earlier than 9PM as people need to catch last trains home.Seen one or two comments about having to miss the encore at Brixton last night.Manchester Apollo next week is located a fair distance to the station and if the show finishes at 10.45 people need to make a very brisk walk.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Ruby wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 16:29 I think it would be considerate of them to come on a little earlier than 9PM as people need to catch last trains home.Seen one or two comments about having to miss the encore at Brixton last night.Manchester Apollo next week is located a fair distance to the station and if the show finishes at 10.45 people need to make a very brisk walk.
Yes, I went to see the Chameleons in Cambridge last night and had to leave during the encore. I missed the classic "Second Skin" as a result.
I didn't need 45 minutes of the Membranes as support, maybe they could have come on earlier, or just not at all.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

parasiteinblack wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 16:41
Ruby wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 16:29 I think it would be considerate of them to come on a little earlier than 9PM as people need to catch last trains home.Seen one or two comments about having to miss the encore at Brixton last night.Manchester Apollo next week is located a fair distance to the station and if the show finishes at 10.45 people need to make a very brisk walk.
Yes, I went to see the Chameleons in Cambridge last night and had to leave during the encore. I missed the classic "Second Skin" as a result.
I didn't need 45 minutes of the Membranes as support, maybe they could have come on earlier, or just not at all.
I saw the Chameleons in Manchester in 2019. In my top 10 gigs of all time.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Palais81 wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 18:33
parasiteinblack wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 16:41
I saw the Chameleons in Manchester in 2019. In my top 10 gigs of all time.
Yes they played an awesome set yesterday. All of the second album plus some bonuses. Sounded excellent throughout, and Mark's voice is still brilliant. Great version of Swamp Thing in the encore. I hope I get another chance to see them soon. 8)
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I'm going to Warrington on Monday night, and my last train is 23.04, so I'm going to have to leave before the end. I've done it before (years ago at Birmingham, when my car was off the road) and it's not nice, and there's always that nagging thought that the train will be 10 mins late and I could have stayed.

Fortunately (and I only just noticed a few days back) the Manchester gig is on Friday, and my last train is 23.38, so I've got no problem getting to the station for that. Usually they play there on Saturday, and because it's a weekend and a busy night, the last train is 23.02 or thereabouts, which I've no chance of making.

That's the main reason I'm annoyed that they don't do Liverpool any more - last train 23.35, nice pub between the venue and the station, great.

At Stoke, Ruts were 7.45 to 8.30pm, and the Stranglers were 9pm to 10.55pm.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Would've done Warrington myself instead but had already booked for Manchester before Parr Hall was added to the itinerary. I can only find last train at 10.58 pm from Manchester-Liverpool, February 11.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I can't see that one on the trainline web site, but there seems to be a 23.22 to Liverpool Lime Street.
Screenshot 2022-02-06 180616.JPG
Screenshot 2022-02-06 180616.JPG (38.98 KiB) Viewed 991 times
Last edited by droopsnoot on 06 Feb 2022, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

If only they just played matinees then we could all get home in time for the one show
STEVE