This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

Post by theraven1979 »

Bear Cage wrote:
jason wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 11:05 Good to see very positive reviews of the tour on the Facebook pages.
Yes, the negative comments tend to come from those who’ve not seen them
The only negative comments I've seen on FB are from the gigs. Mainly along the lines of "it was good but this isn't the stranglers. I'm done". That sort of thing

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 21:34
Bear Cage wrote:
jason wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 11:05 Good to see very positive reviews of the tour on the Facebook pages.
Yes, the negative comments tend to come from those who’ve not seen them
The only negative comments I've seen on FB are from the gigs. Mainly along the lines of "it was good but this isn't the stranglers. I'm done". That sort of thing

Jim

Not from what I’ve seen, must’ve looking in different groups. Most on the B.U.T. Facebook are positive.
There’s a review here too:
https://weshootmusic.com/the-stranglers ... vK1mCNVp8Q
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bear Cage wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 21:34
Bear Cage wrote: Yes, the negative comments tend to come from those who’ve not seen them

Jim

Not from what I’ve seen, must’ve looking in different groups. Most on the B.U.T. Facebook are positive.
I didn't say they were the majority of reviews

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 22:41
Bear Cage wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 21:34 The only negative comments I've seen on FB are from the gigs. Mainly along the lines of "it was good but this isn't the stranglers. I'm done". That sort of thing

Jim

I didn't say they were the majority of reviews

Jim

No you didn’t, and thank you for highlighting it was a minority.
I interpreted your original post wrongly, I apologise I took an implication by omission, especially as so few (a couple?) of the many, many reviews have stated something like that, and am happy to be corrected.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Looking ahead at booked gigs for the future i'd say this band is going nowhere and it looks full steam ahead and going by their current form and energy on stage there seem's to be no stopping them and their living on the live front's looking very good indeed and even if DM does turn out to be their final album as the Stranglers as we know it on the gig front i can see them being around for as long as they want too,so either it's a final full tour where they are giving it everything they've got to go out on a high or they are really enjoying things and just want to continue on until the last man's left standing lol
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 18:33 Looking ahead at booked gigs for the future i'd say this band is going nowhere and it looks full steam ahead and going by their current form and energy on stage there seem's to be no stopping them and their living on the live front's looking very good indeed and even if DM does turn out to be their final album as the Stranglers as we know it on the gig front i can see them being around for as long as they want too,so either it's a final full tour where they are giving it everything they've got to go out on a high or they are really enjoying things and just want to continue on until the last man's left standing lol
Sir they may have a rethink? Who knows? As I think it has really gone well with Toby but I would think its deff the last full UK tour as stated, to think its still going now shows how long it is, they are amazing to keep up the standard and energy, of course they are professionall musicians but it's still impressive, I haven't seen a bad review or anyone in here hasn't said a gig was bad, I really admire them for carrying on, they are not going through the motions etc, when people see JJ looking a bit bored, he is just concentrating on what he's doing, he seems so engaged, of course they will always miss Dave but Toby really has done a fantastic Job and has won fans over very quickly by his fantastic playing and pleasant character, its been said many times but he really is doing Dave Proud. Lt Kudu now on a stick until I get sorted by Osteopath tomorrow hopefully? But I'm a trooper.. :smt006