This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

Post by StanInBlack »

jetblacksdad wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 19:06jet and Dave had 35 years or more of playing together
They did, but they had that chemistry together from the off.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

So many drum experts on here! :lol: :lol:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Each to their own now going forwards with this current line up.
TatRat
Down In The Sewer

Post by TatRat »

Went to Manchester last night, place was packed to the rafters and have to say that they were absolutely awesome. Whilst this thread debates what is now and what once was Im happy that I was there last night just as I was in 78. Its in my blood.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

TatRat wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 13:02 Went to Manchester last night, place was packed to the rafters and have to say that they were absolutely awesome. Whilst this thread debates what is now and what once was Im happy that I was there last night just as I was in 78. Its in my blood.
I felt exactly the same way when I saw them in France

I can't make the UK tour,but hoping to see them again in Copenhagen in October

Absolutely, can't wait,if you've ever been a Stranglers fan of any shape or form,you will not be disappointed
See You At The Bar
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

TatRat wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 13:02 Went to Manchester last night, place was packed to the rafters and have to say that they were absolutely awesome. Whilst this thread debates what is now and what once was Im happy that I was there last night just as I was in 78. Its in my blood.
Great to hear another happy fan's worth,this tour has had nothing but good reviews and reports...Great Stuff!
For those who are still happy to carry on seeing them still i think the future is still looking very long and bright for both band and their fans too we all hope.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

That's good to hear Sir, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I saw footage of Heroes, Toby totally nailed possibly Dave's most iconic solo. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

dead ringer wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 23:13 So many drum experts on here! :lol: :lol:
Yes I'm no expert but I have played in quite a few bands and have recorded in studio, but I'm know expert unlike the boy Jim that's Jim Mac. Lt Kudu. :smt005
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

While painting, I was just listening to Giants which led into the Acoustic set (on iTunes). This like the Acoustic in Brugge album is the kind of set list that I would like the current line up to aim at. A good mixture of mainly post Hugh songs.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

alaninblack wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 01:36 While painting, I was just listening to Giants which led into the Acoustic set (on iTunes). This like the Acoustic in Brugge album is the kind of set list that I would like the current line up to aim at. A good mixture of mainly post Hugh songs.
Great idea i also love the Brugge Album which i agree too has a great acoustic set to it's name,i have over the years with this band certainly swayed more over to enjoying their acoustic sets.This band are brilliant at doing the acoustic stuff and at their very best doing this stuff i believe was with Paul for sure,that type of set really suited Paul's vocals who for me always really shined out doing the acoustic stuff,it showed to me just how good his vocals were and are away from the more harder electric MK1 tracks.
I think t would be nice at some point doing again an acoustic gig with some of Suites,Dm and Giants material all post '90 material with Toby that could sound very nice.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 13 Feb 2022, 19:27, edited 4 times in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Good to see very positive reviews of the tour on the Facebook pages.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

jason wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 11:05 Good to see very positive reviews of the tour on the Facebook pages.
Yes, the negative comments tend to come from those who’ve not seen them
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.