Glasgow 28/01/22

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Glasgow 28/01/22

Post by kenl »

Just back home.

Thought the gig tonight was superb.

Real respect for Toby who did an admirable job. He took on the challenge of playing some very challenging songs, in particular Baroque Bordello.

Baz goes from strength to strength and I would say that his performance tonight was the best I have seen. I'm a huge fan of Hugh but I feel Baz is where he belongs, a true Strangler who deserves massive credit.

Pleased to report that the Glasgow crowd were fantastic tonight, just like days gone by. A few drunks, but on the whole, in great spirits, and no stupid fights that I saw.

Enjoy tomorrow if you are going.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Glasgow 28/01/22

Post by MiB81 »

kenl wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 02:07 Just back home.

Real respect for Toby who did an admirable job. He took on the challenge of playing some very challenging songs, in particular Baroque Bordello.

Baz goes from strength to strength and I would say that his performance tonight was the best I have seen. I'm a huge fan of Hugh but I feel Baz is where he belongs, a true Strangler who deserves massive credit.

Pleased to report that the Glasgow crowd were fantastic tonight, just like days gone by. A few drunks, but on the whole, in great spirits, and no stupid fights that I saw.

Totally agree.
Apart from the stupid fight bit, out of the blue I had some fat cunt go for me for no fucken reason, punch my chest then disappear backwards
back into the crowd still screaming unintelligible shite, to the utter disbelief of me and those around me. Put a bit of a dampener on the
gig for a couple of tunes afterwards so it did.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 13:55

Totally agree.
Apart from the stupid fight bit, out of the blue I had some fat cunt go for me for no fucken reason, punch my chest then disappear backwards
back into the crowd still screaming unintelligible shite, to the utter disbelief of me and those around me. Put a bit of a dampener on the
I'm so sorry to hear that, I've know doubts he was pissed, but some people really shouldn't drink if they become violent, Shame people cant just have a good time without being dick heads, but it's a tiny minority. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

MiB81 wrote:

Totally agree.
Great to hear it was a great gig, I'm so looking forward to Brixton next weekend.
So it seems the Stranglers continue and so do the gig knobs.
When are these fools gonna retire or worse ? Will have to brush up on my avoidance skills, as yes it can alter the mood. And there is sure to be at least one as there always is..

I Hate You !
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Sorry to hear that, and I hope you are OK. Glasgow is a shithole these days. I'm from there so am entitled to an opinion.

I now avoid going too near the front and avoid the edges as people often push in there.

There was even a fight at a Hugh gig a few years ago. Twats.
Last edited by kenl on 29 Jan 2022, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Dunno if it's a new thing; social media and that turning tubes into rage fueled dickheads
thinking they can get away with shit with no social responsibility, or an old thing, stupid
old dicks who think being "punk" is starting fights with strangers at "punk" gigs. As I said
it came out of nowhere, and he disappeared just a fast, but who fucken needs that at a gig?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 15:04 Dunno if it's a new thing; social media and that turning tubes into rage fueled dickheads
thinking they can get away with shit with no social responsibility, or an old thing, stupid
old dicks who think being "punk" is starting fights with strangers at "punk" gigs. As I said
it came out of nowhere, and he disappeared just a fast, but who fucken needs that at a gig?
It doesn't seem to happen at other bands gigs? Of the same era? I think it's the Gunfighter Syndrome or sort of? Some idiots still think the Stranglers are going to kidnap someone or something? But that's why I stopped going to the London gigs as to many .unts.Some fans are living in the past.Im trained in two martial arts so I wouldn't use it unless someone was coming for me, even then I would leg sweep as don't want to ruin my life for a drunken Le Tosseur, no Bee Gees references intended :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 15:34 …even then I would leg sweep as don't want to ruin my life for a drunken Le Tosseur, no Bee Gees references intended :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Timing a leg sweep close in, after a few beers, in a dark hall, in a crowd, is pretty impressive. 8)
A quick jab to the windpipe also works well close in, but normally I manage to avoid these dickheads.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Bear Cage wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 15:41
Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 15:34 …even then I would leg sweep as don't want to ruin my life for a drunken Le Tosseur, no Bee Gees references intended :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Timing a leg sweep close in, after a few beers, in a dark hall, in a crowd, is pretty impressive. 8)
A quick jab to the windpipe also works well close in, but normally I manage to avoid these dickheads.
Well they always seem to stand next to me. Lt Kudu.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

MiB81 wrote:

Totally agree.
Bumped into the 'local hardman' unfortunately eh?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

gjinblack wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 09:54
MiB81 wrote:

Totally agree.
Bumped into the 'local hardman' unfortunately eh?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
:wink:
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 15:34 It doesn't seem to happen at other bands gigs? Of the same era?
There was a fight at an OMD gig I was at a few years ago.. :lol:
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤