Radio X

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Radio X

Post by jason »

Does anyone on here listen to this station? It was XFM previously and when it started they played the Stranglers a bit but they don't seem to now for some reason. They play some quite good stuff and play the Clash a bit so I don't understand why they don't play the Stranglers really. They mainly play bands like Oasis, Blur, Manics etc. It's not brilliant but a lot better than some stations.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Radio X

Post by theraven1979 »

jason wrote:Does anyone on here listen to this station? It was XFM previously and when it started they played the Stranglers a bit but they don't seem to now for some reason. They play some quite good stuff and play the Clash a bit so I don't understand why they don't play the Stranglers really. They mainly play bands like Oasis, Blur, Manics etc. It's not brilliant but a lot better than some stations.
Not heard of that. For me Craig Charles on 6 music is the best at the mo. Imo of course. You're always guaranteed 2 stranglers songs in every show as he uses 2 as jingles

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 23:55
jason wrote:Does anyone on here listen to this station? It was XFM previously and when it started they played the Stranglers a bit but they don't seem to now for some reason. They play some quite good stuff and play the Clash a bit so I don't understand why they don't play the Stranglers really. They mainly play bands like Oasis, Blur, Manics etc. It's not brilliant but a lot better than some stations.
Not heard of that. For me Craig Charles on 6 music is the best at the mo. Imo of course. You're always guaranteed 2 stranglers songs in every show as he uses 2 as jingles

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes I like a bit of 6 Music. Radcliffe and Maconie are great. I'll give Craig a listen then!
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

For me Craig Charles on 6 music is the best at the mo. Imo of course. You're always guaranteed 2 stranglers songs in every show as he uses 2 as jingles

Jim
I'd even go further and suggest introducing CC before the MiBs gigs & before support would be good for the atmosphere on the night. Once upon a time Andy Dunkley did a bit of that.

I saw CC do a set at the 6Music Festival 2020 in Camden after the stage interviews where of course JJ was interviewed along with Tony Visconti. He got the room moving pretty well.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

CC was one of the first DJs to pay tribute to Dave. He sounded genuinely saddened by the news. He must be a bit of a fan.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 23:49 They mainly play bands like Oasis, Blur, Manics etc.
That's because Radio X is geared towards people of a certain age who were in their teens when these bands were in their prime. These people will be in their 40s now. The Stranglers are generations removed.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

StanInBlack wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 19:00
jason wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 23:49 They mainly play bands like Oasis, Blur, Manics etc.
That's because Radio X is geared towards people of a certain age who were in their teens when these bands were in their prime. These people will be in their 40s now. The Stranglers are generations removed.
They do play the Clash , Jam , Beatles, and Rolling Stones too though.