Vive Le Rock #88

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Re: Vive Le Rock #88

Post by sendwarrior »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 10:09 I think Baz would be amused or mystified that his Boat Race has opened up such a can of worms. Lt Kudu. :smt005
:lol: It didn't, the thread got hijacked as usual by the usual suspect on his usual soapbox..

Saint Shug :smt082
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

sendwarrior wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 12:37
Greatkudu wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 10:09 I think Baz would be amused or mystified that his Boat Race has opened up such a can of worms. Lt Kudu. :smt005
:lol: It didn't, the thread got hijacked as usual by the usual suspect on his usual soapbox..

Saint Shug :smt082
Who's dis Huge Cornwall fella? Wasnt e in da Ramblers? Lt Kudu. :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sorry meant Huge Cornball a deliberate mistake as some knob called him that in a review years ago when he was in the Ramblers again a deliberate mistake. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:roll: :roll:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

Jake wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 00:49
StanInBlack wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 22:56
Bear Cage wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 20:40 It highlights The Stranglers are much more than JJ, and how key Baz is to their resurgence
Yeah, Baz has reaffirmed The Stranglers status as a major artistic forhahahace hahahaaaa! Sorry, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Given the amount of current names on the front cover of that magazine (none) and more than a few names languishing in the "where are they now?" file, I'd say this doesn't mean an awful lot.

The stranglers are much more than JJ, err ok

For a bit of balance, not harsh criticism, just cold reality, Baz would be nobody without playing material that Hugh Cornwell was a huge part of creating in the first place.

I don’t think they’ve drawn in significant new punters, just captured the interest of people who’ve already been into the stranglers at some point.

I don’t read Vive Le Rock, I am not interested in events like Rebellion festival either, because invariably most of the acts represented have long past had their heyday, and for the most part seem to have become glorified tribute acts, dad rock, etc.
and your point is ?
Who cares to be honest, its their living and they have a right to earn their living playing music
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Well surely we should all he happy that the band have some support with the media? Vive Le Rock a cracking magazine, so it's good to see Mr Warnes Boat Race on the cover, for those who don't know Boat Race is Cockney Rhyming slang for face. :smt005 and its a terrible pic.But I doubt he cares, living the dream by doing what he loves for a living, how many people can say that? Lt Kudu. :smt013
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Mart wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 15:56
and your point is ?
Who cares to be honest, its their living and they have a right to earn their living playing music
You get an award for contradictory quote Post, you ask me what my point is and then say who cares, well done with staggering inconsistencies in the same sentence.

The right of remaining stranglers to earn their living is not in dispute. Having purchased three copies of Dark Matters, I made a small contribution to that, an album I am mostly underwhelmed with as is my right as a consumer or otherwise
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Mart wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 12:30
Jake wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 16:17
Mart wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 15:56
and your point is ?
You get an award for contradictory quote Post, you ask me what my point is and then say who cares, well done with staggering inconsistencies in the same sentence.

The right of remaining stranglers to earn their living is not in dispute. Having purchased three copies of Dark Matters, I made a small contribution to that, an album I am mostly underwhelmed with as is my right as a consumer or otherwise
Well thats a couple of copies less than i purchased then...you are an arrogant twat arent you, what i said was i wanted to know what point you were making, obviously you seem to want them to stop and do not rate the current Stranglers line up which is your right, i was saying that i dont care what the line up is, if they still produce good music that i enjoy then times move on and im keen to hear more, the same as any of the old bands from the seventies, the line up is irrelevant to me.
Off thread i here Slade are trying to reform original lineup to play Glastonbury, Noddy Holder trying to organise it. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 13:18
Mart wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 12:30
Jake wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 16:17

Well thats a couple of copies less than i purchased then...you are an arrogant twat arent you, what i said was i wanted to know what point you were making, obviously you seem to want them to stop and do not rate the current Stranglers line up which is your right, i was saying that i dont care what the line up is, if they still produce good music that i enjoy then times move on and im keen to hear more, the same as any of the old bands from the seventies, the line up is irrelevant to me.
Off thread i here Slade are trying to reform original lineup to play Glastonbury, Noddy Holder trying to organise it. Lt Kudu.
What a band when Noddy was in it,Dave seems a lovely fella too whose always had time for his fans,well i for one would be well behind a Noddy return again anyday of the week...a superb thought!