Toulouse

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Toulouse

Post by toilerinblack »

strangledinAuch wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 20:06
toilerinblack wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 19:58 It's really nice to hear real true stranglers fans accounts and how much this band through time has meant to them and i always think i can't believe all those years ago that i picked the Stranglers to follow little would i know they would be there for me all through my life it's quite incredible really,i could of followed a band that could of also of stopped decades ago lol......so i unknowingly picked SO RIGHTLY!
You did indeed sir

My cousin said to me in 1979,yeah you like them now,but you will move on

I knew there and then the Stranglers wouldn't be topped

And here we are in 2021,turns out I was right
Great stuff!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jeromeinparis wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 17:15 whatever we say on this forum, hi Stan :), for 40 years I wake up and I say to myself wow what a luck to love the Stranglers, and to have for so many years new things to listen to and share, go to their concerts, meet great people in black and do on.
Fruitless debates have never moved the world forward.

So yes, sure the MKI Stranglers are now just JJ. Hugh is gone, Jet is retired, Dave is in keyboard heaven.
Baz has been doing the job for over 20 years (I've seen more shows with Baz than with Hugh ...), Jim beats the drums as he should, Toby is a good student, and especially JJ never seemed to me in such great shape for ages.

MKI was awesome, I didn't like the part with Paul at all, I never listen to those albums.
Since they've gone back to 4 I'm happy to see them play again.

I was in Valenciennes on November 29, and frankly it was very moving to see them on stage. It wasn't all perfect, but these aren't robots (Hey Hey), thank goodness. People were really happy with the concert, it showed on their faces.

I see them tomorrow in Paris with a friend, and I'm sure we'll have a good time (to die).

Let's be happy to love the Stranglers even with their flaws, how many bands last that long?

my twitter account is soniceinparis for those who want to follow me :smt007
I think you are quite right , though Stan does have valid point and each to their own . The good thing about a forum is discussing things but taking others points of view . Personally I think this place would be pointless if we all agreed on everything and Stan throws some interesting views into the melting pot .
Of course I think everyone on here will agree M1 is/was the best incarnation of the band and of course by far the most successful in every way . I do like M2 and it certainly had some very good moments , it is even funny how they did things to get one up on Hugh ( the Albert Hall thing ) . There have been some downs imo , but others will like them(10,Giants ) , but it all adds to the discussion . While asvyet I don't know how I feel about the band without Dave continuing , I up to the band and I will see and make up my mind at some point . I guess while they still produce material I will continue to buy out of curiosity .
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 11:57
jeromeinparis wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 17:15 whatever we say on this forum, hi Stan :), for 40 years I wake up and I say to myself wow what a luck to love the Stranglers, and to have for so many years new things to listen to and share, go to their concerts, meet great people in black and do on.
Fruitless debates have never moved the world forward.

So yes, sure the MKI Stranglers are now just JJ. Hugh is gone, Jet is retired, Dave is in keyboard heaven.
Baz has been doing the job for over 20 years (I've seen more shows with Baz than with Hugh ...), Jim beats the drums as he should, Toby is a good student, and especially JJ never seemed to me in such great shape for ages.

MKI was awesome, I didn't like the part with Paul at all, I never listen to those albums.
Since they've gone back to 4 I'm happy to see them play again.

I was in Valenciennes on November 29, and frankly it was very moving to see them on stage. It wasn't all perfect, but these aren't robots (Hey Hey), thank goodness. People were really happy with the concert, it showed on their faces.

I see them tomorrow in Paris with a friend, and I'm sure we'll have a good time (to die).

Let's be happy to love the Stranglers even with their flaws, how many bands last that long?

my twitter account is soniceinparis for those who want to follow me :smt007
I think you are quite right , though Stan does have valid point and each to their own . The good thing about a forum is discussing things but taking others points of view . Personally I think this place would be pointless if we all agreed on everything and Stan throws some interesting views into the melting pot .
Of course I think everyone on here will agree M1 is/was the best incarnation of the band and of course by far the most successful in every way . I do like M2 and it certainly had some very good moments , it is even funny how they did things to get one up on Hugh ( the Albert Hall thing ) . There have been some downs imo , but others will like them(10,Giants ) , but it all adds to the discussion . While asvyet I don't know how I feel about the band without Dave continuing , I up to the band and I will see and make up my mind at some point . I guess while they still produce material I will continue to buy out of curiosity .
Yep that's what a forum should be like everyone expressing their own view points where everyone should respect what others are saying even if they might not agree with that person's point of view as we are all on here because of our love for this band's music on the whole even if we differ which fans will over 47 years of different styled music and members.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 10 Dec 2021, 21:07, edited 5 times in total.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

See You At The Bar
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Very nice review
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

saw some footage of this gig on youtube' La Folie was the best Ive ever seen. Toiler what an opener'. Toby fits in perfectly. I just hope the UK tour can go ahead as planed.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

giants wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 18:03 saw some footage of this gig on youtube' La Folie was the best Ive ever seen. Toiler what an opener'. Toby fits in perfectly. I just hope the UK tour can go ahead as planed.
Well that's what i think too an amazing Toiler start with also a fantastic Tank,Heroes and yes i'm not a great La Folie the song fan but yes this was one of the best versions and in French too that i have heard.Every member has to be playing their part well and tightly together to produce the sort of quality songs that they have been doing so well out in France i believe,but again yes i certainly agree with your views on Toiler too.