Lyon

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Lyon

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 11:54
Jon the Impaler wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 22:21

There's footage of them doing it on Youtube and it's about as dire as you'd expect. Looks like they're at an open mic night.
I think I would rather not , take your word for it . I just can't see the point of it , either on the album or live . It's a wasted minute on both imo ........I skip it on the album along with Breathe and Down , and it's so short live that unlike the Uber dire MR , it's not even worth rushing to the toilet to avoid .Actually regarding the latter I would look like a loony running to the toilet fingers in ears to avoid listening .
I need more than 1 minute for the loo these days..

Anyway it seems like quite a nice idea for them to sit down and play a chilled out acoustic song (just the one) during the gig, for a change like. .

But why not If You Should see Dave, or even If Something? Either of those would've been worth playing, but this snippet well there's not much to it really..
My thoughts too if your gonna sit and do an acoustic DM tack why not the Dave song or If Something because they did those two so well on the sessions that i think has been there best acoustic post Hugh with baz & JJ's best vocals it was really nice.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 22:21

There's footage of them doing it on Youtube and it's about as dire as you'd expect. Looks like they're at an open mic night.
I think I would rather not , take your word for it . I just can't see the point of it , either on the album or live . It's a wasted minute on both imo ........I skip it on the album along with Breathe and Down , and it's so short live that unlike the Uber dire MR , it's not even worth rushing to the toilet to avoid .Actually regarding the latter I would look like a loony running to the toilet fingers in ears to avoid listening .

Anyway it seems like quite a nice idea for them to sit down and play a chilled out acoustic song (just the one) during the gig, for a change like. .

But why not If You Should see Dave, or even If Something? Either of those would've been worth playing, but this snippet well there's not much to it really..
I think if it is played Then it should be as part of an accoustic gig , if I went to see them live it would be for electric based only , accoustic imo should be kept apart and those who want that can go see that by itself......I certainly won't ever be going to an accoustic or one including brass( done that bit in the 80's and didn't much like it ).
As for toilet habits , it takes me longer to get there than actually doing the business , mind you can be up to 3 times a day for a number two . I am certain no one really wants to know all this though 😀😁. Too much spicy foods .
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 15:53
Jon the Impaler wrote: I think I would rather not , take your word for it . I just can't see the point of it , either on the album or live . It's a wasted minute on both imo ........I skip it on the album along with Breathe and Down , and it's so short live that unlike the Uber dire MR , it's not even worth rushing to the toilet to avoid .Actually regarding the latter I would look like a loony running to the toilet fingers in ears to avoid listening .

I think if it is played Then it should be as part of an accoustic gig , if I went to see them live it would be for electric based only , accoustic imo should be kept apart and those who want that can go see that by itself......I certainly won't ever be going to an accoustic or one including brass( done that bit in the 80's and didn't much like it ).
As for toilet habits , it takes me longer to get there than actually doing the business , mind you can be up to 3 times a day for a number two . I am certain no one really wants to know all this though 😀😁. Too much spicy foods .
That's some good fair points you have said about electric and acoustic sets,most will always always still go to a full electric show of theirs i'd imagine but not so much a full acoustic set maybe apart from those smaller hardcore fans who would go to anything they would do just to see and hear them no matter what they would be doing.That's why the odd acoustic number just in an electric set i think is a good idea because any fan can swallow hearing the odd one amoungst a full electric one and thoes who do like to hear an acoustic number like myself included get to hear them also.Sometimes an acoustic version can sound better like the sessions If something's where i thought it sounded with baz's vocals even better than the studio track to an extent.