Lyon

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Lyon

Post by cassini »

The Lines performed live!
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Re: Lyon

Post by alaninblack »

Im surprised that Toby didn't play the background keyboards on that track live. It could even have a subtle bit of drumming and we could drop Golden Brown for the set - imho of course.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

cassini wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 10:25 The Lines performed live!
People of Lyon, you all have my sympathy :lol:
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

StanInBlack wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 14:43
I'm a big fan of the Lines. But then, I'm a fan of the band, unlike the energy vampire.🤔
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

What a waste of a minute . Did the rest of the band pop out for a piss , or a quick sip of water ?
All quiet ..........
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 14:17
What a waste of a minute . Did the rest of the band pop out for a piss , or a quick sip of water ?
There's footage of them doing it on Youtube and it's about as dire as you'd expect. Looks like they're at an open mic night.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I wished on the acoustic front they had done some of the acoustic sessions material,for me the Lines is one of this albums more weaker tracks and there's only two weak tracks on this album and the lines is one of those for me,so doing that one live for me does nothing but they must play what they want to play i can't imagine to many wanting to hear that i'd rather hear GB.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

StanInBlack wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 22:21
Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 14:17

There's footage of them doing it on Youtube and it's about as dire as you'd expect. Looks like they're at an open mic night.
I think I would rather not , take your word for it . I just can't see the point of it , either on the album or live . It's a wasted minute on both imo ........I skip it on the album along with Breathe and Down , and it's so short live that unlike the Uber dire MR , it's not even worth rushing to the toilet to avoid .Actually regarding the latter I would look like a loony running to the toilet fingers in ears to avoid listening .
All quiet ..........
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 22:21
Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 14:17 What a waste of a minute . Did the rest of the band pop out for a piss , or a quick sip of water ?
I think I would rather not , take your word for it . I just can't see the point of it , either on the album or live . It's a wasted minute on both imo ........I skip it on the album along with Breathe and Down , and it's so short live that unlike the Uber dire MR , it's not even worth rushing to the toilet to avoid .Actually regarding the latter I would look like a loony running to the toilet fingers in ears to avoid listening .
I need more than 1 minute for the loo these days..

Anyway it seems like quite a nice idea for them to sit down and play a chilled out acoustic song (just the one) during the gig, for a change like. .

But why not If You Should see Dave, or even If Something? Either of those would've been worth playing, but this snippet well there's not much to it really..
I Hate You !
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I think they want to say that they've played every DM track over the course of the tour, but obviously can't play the whole album each set. Unless they are particularly fond of it, I can't see it being played much.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

They've actually been doing it as an encore. Because if there's any song in the entire back catalogue that screams "encore" it's "The Lines" :roll: