Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 14:04 Is it the whole ship, or do they just need to sell enough tickets to pay for the bands and room hire? They might not need more than two or three hundred guests.
Ah ha, Sir you full no one, we all know you have signed up for the Penthouse deck VIP experience where you get a lanyard, signed yachting cap,bottle of Champagne and signed Picture at the knock down price of £10,000.You will also receive a free wash kit and towel with the Stranglers logo on it, in black of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

If I don't persuade any of you to sign up, it'll be just me and the dirty gems there.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 14:50 If I don't persuade any of you to sign up, it'll be just me and the dirty gems there.
Yes I have your blazer and slacks at the ready, plus yachting cap. Lt Kudu. :smt005
redinblack62
SHAKESPEARO

Post by redinblack62 »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 12:00 It's anyone gonna actually do this?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I find the idea of cruises horrific generally, like Pontins but throwing up over the side instead of in your chalet.

Its a No from me.
Thats Really Not Cool
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i'm finished on the gig front but if i was one still to go what a great one to go to on the cruise...superb! apart from the price of course being a major factor for the off putting most.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

You might as well bring a bottle of poppers to a Straighten Out gig after drinking heavily at home to set the mood. It'll be exactly the same effect and be a great deal cheaper.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 20:24
You might as well bring a bottle of poppers to a Straighten Out gig after drinking heavily at home to set the mood. It'll be exactly the same effect and be a great deal cheaper.
I have your ticket, are you saying you don't want to go? Lt Kudu. :smt005
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

Seems no one is going from here and the posts on fbook were all pretty much same view.... shame there is a good idea in there, surely for a 5 day cruise you just need 5 bands.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

adeinblack wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 15:06 Seems no one is going from here and the posts on fbook were all pretty much same view.... shame there is a good idea in there, surely for a 5 day cruise you just need 5 bands.
Well I have Stans ticket. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

adeinblack wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 15:06 Seems no one is going from here and the posts on fbook were all pretty much same view.... shame there is a good idea in there, surely for a 5 day cruise you just need 5 bands.
Yes it is a good idea its just the cost i don't know where they think people have the money for a ticket but yes in principle it's a great idea.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 17:36 Yes it is a good idea its just the cost i don't know where they think people have the money for a ticket but yes in principle it's a great idea.
From what I recall of the adverts when I used to get a Saturday newspaper, cruises are pretty expensive to start with, I don't think this one is out of the ordinary in that regard.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

They've got a few good songs to play for this.

Toiler on the sea
Ships that pass in the night
And the boat sails by
Longships
Water
Swim

:grin: