Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by Palais81 »

jason wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 22:11 They've got a few good songs to play for this.

Toiler on the sea
Ships that pass in the night
And the boat sails by
Longships
Water
Swim

:grin:
Tempers get fraid, stuck on the rusty old tub..it could lead to Death and Night and Blood!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If I won the Lottery I would maybe go? But I'm not good at Sea, I'm haunted by getting terrible Sea Sick on a Boat from Zanzibar to Darasalam in Tanzania, it was the trip from Hell. Lt Kudu. :smt013
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Palais81 wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 22:20
jason wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 22:11 They've got a few good songs to play for this.

Toiler on the sea
Ships that pass in the night
And the boat sails by
Longships
Water
Swim

:grin:
Tempers get fraid, stuck on the rusty old tub..it could lead to Death and Night and Blood!
Very Good with the water songs lol...it would certainly be appropriate to start the gig with Toiler lol
I actually quite like swim as a song sung well from Paul.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Yes I definitely think Swim should have made About time.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 19:48 Yes I definitely think Swim should have made About time.
I will have to listen to that one. If I think it's the one I have in my head, it's possibly one of the best vocals Paul did with the band. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 21:00
jason wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 19:48 Yes I definitely think Swim should have made About time.
I will have to listen to that one. If I think it's the one I have in my head, it's possibly one of the best vocals Paul did with the band. Lt Kudu.
Brilliant keys from Dave as well!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Agreed without question it should of made the album,i have always loved that track which was a very underestimated song i feel,i wasn't Paul's biggest fan in the Stranglers but saying that he sang song's for this band that only he could of done as good as they were.
For me some of Paul's best stranglers song's that spring straight to mind would be the likes of Tuckers Grave,Here,In Heaven She Walks,Lies and Deception,Heaven or Hell and the whole NC album being just a few where i feel Paul did stamp his class and authority to them.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 20 Jan 2022, 22:01, edited 10 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Why Swim never made the album i'll never know great song.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 21:52
Agreed without question it should of made the album,i have always loved that track which was a very underestimated song i feel,i wasn't Paul's biggest fan in the Stranglers but saying that he sang song's for this band that only he could of done as good as they were.
For me some of Paul's best stranglers song's that spring straight to mind would be the likes of Tuckers Grave,Here,In Heaven She Walks,Lies and Deception,Heaven or Hell and the whole NC album being just a few where i feel Paul did stamp his class and authority to them.
Yes Paul gets a raw deal, but his performance on the NC album was great, such a great voice, Tuckers Grave just brilliant and Mine All Mine. Shame it all went sour, he never fell out with Jet, it was the issue with JJ, but it's in past pointless going on about it. But JJ is or was a hard man to please I think, but he's mellowed big time. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I never really liked Tucker's Grave that much. I've always found it a bit boring. I'll dig out Norfolk coast and give it another listen in the car.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'm not sure that "Swim" would have added anything at all to About Time. As much as I love Dave's keyboard playing, the intro to "Swim" sounds like something you'd hear playing in the background of an arcade in Blackpool. It's a really corny keyboard sound.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Postponed till 2023, gives us another year to decide it’s still too expensive to go on.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.