Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 14:00 Agreed but you do have to visit the moon to appreciate the song "Last Man On The Moon"
:lol:

It'd take far more than that in my case!
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 14:52 Call yourself a fan? Of course every location has to be visited. Lt Kudu. :smt005
A piece of music that doesn't hold up on its own as a piece of music is worthless.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 13:58 I don't think it's necessary to actually visit the Tuckers Grave Inn in order to appreciate the song, in the same way as I don't think it's necessary to visit Toulouse in order to appreciate "Goodbye Toulouse" ...
Well that goes without saying it's just if some wanted to go and have a pint there and visit the pub rather than i like the song because i've been there lol
I haven't been to Sweden to appreciate that song or France to appreciate Nice in Nice either but like them both... but yeah your right there, but If there was ever a place i would of liked to have visited for sure with the band connection that has nothing to do with a particular song and that would be the old house in Blackheath near the common in Greenwich that's on the cover of Rattus..
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 20:04
StanInBlack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 13:58 I don't think it's necessary to actually visit the Tuckers Grave Inn in order to appreciate the song, in the same way as I don't think it's necessary to visit Toulouse in order to appreciate "Goodbye Toulouse" ...
Well that goes without saying it's just if some wanted to go and have a pint there and visit the pub rather than i like the song because i've been there lol
I haven't been to Sweden to appreciate that song or France to appreciate Nice in Nice either but like them both... but yeah your right there, but If there was ever a place i would of liked to have visited for sure with the band connection that has nothing to do with a particular song and that would be the old house in Blackheath near the common in Greenwich that's on the cover of Rattus..
Sir I was Joking, Tuckers Grave a great song, whether you have been to the pub or not, and its still open, the new owners seem to have expanded it, there is now a holiday cottage their, possible what Toby stayed in, and the bands studio is very near. Lt Kudu.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 03:36 it was him whose always said that the band's an entity and know one member is bigger than the band itself if i remember correctly i could be wrong there it was that quote that has always made me think about the band being an entity
It wasn't Sil, it was Jet who said that! Sil is the manager, he's into making money. Jet is the respected senior of the band and the others always consult his wisdom on their decisions 🖤

With the cruise being bumped a year already, I reckon it's now 50/50 it ever goes ahead..
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

sendwarrior wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 10:31
toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 03:36 it was him whose always said that the band's an entity and know one member is bigger than the band itself if i remember correctly i could be wrong there it was that quote that has always made me think about the band being an entity
It wasn't Sil, it was Jet who said that! Sil is the manager, he's into making money. Jet is the respected senior of the band and the others always consult his wisdom on their decisions 🖤

With the cruise being bumped a year already, I reckon it's now 50/50 it ever goes ahead..
Yes and we all know your going, I have your Sailor suit at the ready. Lt Cmdr Kudu. :smt005
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 13:30
sendwarrior wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 10:31 With the cruise being bumped a year already, I reckon it's now 50/50 it ever goes ahead..
Yes and we all know your going, I have your Sailor suit at the ready. Lt Cmdr Kudu. :smt005
:lol: If I wanted to catch lots of diseases I'd go down the sewer - or get paid to do a germ study in a lab! No way I'll board a floating Petri dish thanks :P
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

sendwarrior wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 13:55
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 13:30
sendwarrior wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 10:31 With the cruise being bumped a year already, I reckon it's now 50/50 it ever goes ahead..
:lol: If I wanted to catch lots of diseases I'd go down the sewer - or get paid to do a germ study in a lab! No way I'll board a floating Petri dish thanks :P
Well sorry I have your Sailor Suit. Lt Kudu. :smt005