No Hugs ...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

lostinpaddington
Down In The Sewer

Re: No Hugs ...

Post by lostinpaddington »

O2 venues have been requiring proof of vaccine on the nhs app (or proof of negative lft) since October way before it became mandatory under the “plan B” restrictions Most venues/theatres etc also have been doing this.
The fact the government has said it’s no longer mandatory doesn’t mean the venues as private companies won’t carry on if they feel the need.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep - they have their own "duty of care" for their employees

Jim
lostinpaddington wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 15:31 O2 venues have been requiring proof of vaccine on the nhs app (or proof of negative lft) since October way before it became mandatory under the “plan B” restrictions Most venues/theatres etc also have been doing this.
The fact the government has said it’s no longer mandatory doesn’t mean the venues as private companies won’t carry on if they feel the need.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Post by RetroRocket »

Markw wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 15:27 For gigs and tours are they issuing new tickets or take your 2019 ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are accepting the 2019 tickets at Brixton. I contacted them to confirm which of the 2 nights my 2019 tickets were valid for! They responded very quickly!
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Anyone know if a print out is accepted as proof of vaccination?
Rather not have the app.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

kenl wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 08:13 Anyone know if a print out is accepted as proof of vaccination?
Rather not have the app.
Yes, you can download it as a PDF which contains a QR Code. I don't have a phone modern enough for the app, and I used this method to get into a show at the NEC in November, and will be using it for the gigs if they are still required by then. I'll probably print one out anyway, just in case.

You need an NHS login, but follow the thing through here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ovid-pass/

I think it's valid for 72 hours, so be careful about when you generate it because once you generate one, you can't generate another new one until the first has expired. Or something like that.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Official site just posted the guidance. Looks like passes required to enter every venue

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

lostinpaddington
Down In The Sewer

Post by lostinpaddington »

Unfortunately at least the Academy venues haven’t updated the guidance since December - at least those are the versions the links from the official site take you to. So they still talk about plan B being in force which of course it won’t be from Monday. Not very helpful really until they update them.
That said - I’m sure all the venues will ask for proof of vaccine etc as they were before it was made compulsory. I’ve had to show a pass to get in places many times no hassle at all.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

lostinpaddington wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 23:31 So they still talk about plan B being in force which of course it won’t be from Monday.
Thursday, isn't it? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60047438

I will check entry requirements again after then, to see if the venues have updated, though that BBC article (or maybe a different one I found while searching for it) did suggest that venues can continue to use the Covid passport scheme if they want to.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Do you want to sing with the Fookin Stranglers? Well no Fookin hugs, you soft southern shandy drinking wankers. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If people just wear crash helmets that may suffice. Lt Kudu. :smt012
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Would be an improvement on all the bald heeds :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 11:06 If people just wear crash helmets that may suffice. Lt Kudu. :smt012
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Reply from 02 Glasgow
Screenshot_20220121-154502_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-154502_Gmail.jpg (249 KiB) Viewed 1750 times