No Hugs ...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Grayo Matters!
SHAKESPEARO

Re: No Hugs ...

Post by Grayo Matters! »

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Markw
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Markw »

apc wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I see Yard Act just cancelled their January tour

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Conversely it looks like Idles English dates are going ahead Image
Game over for my team

I hear passports might be cancelled before Feb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Haven't Wales just announced they're opening everything up? Surely Sturgeon is gonna follow this coming week.

Make no doubts though it will be COVID passes and proof of vaccine at the ready though if you want in

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Markw
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Markw »

theraven1979 wrote:Haven't Wales just announced they're opening everything up? Surely Sturgeon is gonna follow this coming week.

Make no doubts though it will be COVID passes and proof of vaccine at the ready though if you want in

Jim

What even if restrictions are off???

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I doubt all restrictions will be off within the next few weeks

Jim
Markw wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:05
theraven1979 wrote:Haven't Wales just announced they're opening everything up? Surely Sturgeon is gonna follow this coming week.

Jim

What even if restrictions are off???

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:25 I doubt all restrictions will be off within the next few weeks

Jim
For those vaccinated and in England they're likely to be
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah but how do people know you've been vaccinated?

Jim
Bear Cage wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 18:23
theraven1979 wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 13:25 I doubt all restrictions will be off within the next few weeks

Jim
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Yeah but how do people know you've been vaccinated?

Jim
Bear Cage wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 18:23

Jim
NHS app has your vaccination status on it.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

gjinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Yeah but how do people know you've been vaccinated?

Jim
Bear Cage wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 18:23 For those vaccinated and in England they're likely to be
NHS app has your vaccination status on it.

Exactly. So you'll need to show that on your way in

Jim

Nice and Sleazy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Nice and Sleazy »

Here in the States, I'm debating with myself non-stop whether it's too risky to buy round-trip airfare and fly into London in time for the 3 Feb gig in Guildford and the 5 Feb gig at Brixton. I bought the tickets when this tour was first announced (along with one for the Reading gig, now moved to 22 Feb; the three shows were originally all in the same week) and have been pumped with excitement through all the postponements and Covid surges.

Following the news out of the UK daily, I see that "Plan B" restrictions will be lifted in England on 26 Jan, but I expect that Covid testing post-overseas flight will still be required as of 30 or 31 Jan, when I'd be landing at Heathrow. That's assuming airline staff shortages don't get my flight canceled. God forbid I test positive, despite my double jabs and recent booster shot. Would I be stuck quarantining in my hotel or--- just shoot me now--- at the airport? If so, could I sneak out and jump a train to Guildford anyway? And will trains let me board and venues let me enter by flashing my Centers for Disease Control-approved handwritten proof of vaccination card rather than an NHS card or NHS phone app, which I obviously will not have?

My specific worries as a traveler from America are on top of my general fears that I'm sure many of you fans are having, such as the gigs getting postponed again at the very last minute once we've already made our journeys, or stronger restrictions that would squash so much of the fun of a Stranglers concert being suddenly re-imposed on indoor crowding and pub gathering. I look forward to raising pints and swapping stories with fellow fans pre- and post-shows almost as much as I look forward to the band performances.

To hold tickets for two solid years to sold out shows by my favorite live band of all time and then voluntarily not attend will feel like kicking myself in the groin. Yet the obstacles and potential nasty surprises may render my trip logistically and emotionally difficult enough that I'll wish I abandoned these specific gigs and focused instead on attending the ones in Germany/Denmark/Sweden later in the year.

Are there other members of the Family in Black contemplating travel from foreign shores for this final full UK tour? I will sincerely appreciate all feedback and advice as I weigh this decision.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Nice and Sleazy wrote:Here in the States, I'm debating with myself non-stop whether it's too risky to buy round-trip airfare and fly into London in time for the 3 Feb gig in Guildford and the 5 Feb gig at Brixton. I bought the tickets when this tour was first announced (along with one for the Reading gig, now moved to 22 Feb; the three shows were originally all in the same week) and have been pumped with excitement through all the postponements and Covid surges.

Following the news out of the UK daily, I see that "Plan B" restrictions will be lifted in England on 26 Jan, but I expect that Covid testing post-overseas flight will still be required as of 30 or 31 Jan, when I'd be landing at Heathrow. That's assuming airline staff shortages don't get my flight canceled. God forbid I test positive, despite my double jabs and recent booster shot. Would I be stuck quarantining in my hotel or--- just shoot me now--- at the airport? If so, could I sneak out and jump a train to Guildford anyway? And will trains let me board and venues let me enter by flashing my Centers for Disease Control-approved handwritten proof of vaccination card rather than an NHS card or NHS phone app, which I obviously will not have?

My specific worries as a traveler from America are on top of my general fears that I'm sure many of you fans are having, such as the gigs getting postponed again at the very last minute once we've already made our journeys, or stronger restrictions that would squash so much of the fun of a Stranglers concert being suddenly re-imposed on indoor crowding and pub gathering. I look forward to raising pints and swapping stories with fellow fans pre- and post-shows almost as much as I look forward to the band performances.

To hold tickets for two solid years to sold out shows by my favorite live band of all time and then voluntarily not attend will feel like kicking myself in the groin. Yet the obstacles and potential nasty surprises may render my trip logistically and emotionally difficult enough that I'll wish I abandoned these specific gigs and focused instead on attending the ones in Germany/Denmark/Sweden later in the year.

Are there other members of the Family in Black contemplating travel from foreign shores for this final full UK tour? I will sincerely appreciate all feedback and advice as I weigh this decision.
I can't give you any advice but I feel for you mate.
We're all on hold unfortunately.

euromanc-ometh
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Nice and Sleazy wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 22:26 And will trains let me board and venues let me enter by flashing my Centers for Disease Control-approved handwritten proof of vaccination card rather than an NHS card or NHS phone app, which I obviously will not have?
The vaccination card isn't proof of anything - I don't know what yours is like, but my UK one is something I could knock up in ten minutes given a half-decent colour printer. There are procedures in place to link non-UK vaccination proofs - some information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... accination

(actually when I look at that page, it says for the USA "CDC card showing you’ve had a full course of an FDA-approved vaccine in the USA", so maybe that's what you have.)

I also have no helpful advice, but I do feel for all of the people who are having to decide whether to make a significant journey to the gigs, just as I have some admiration for them putting in the miles in normal times. My biggest inconvenience is having to drive to the Manchester gig because the last train home on a Saturday night is just about on 11pm from a station that's a ten minute walk away, so I'd have to miss the end of the gig to catch it.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall