Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Peter Capaldi - St. Christopher

Post by Jake »

Just out now

You’ll probably have to be a Doctor Who punk rock fan to really appreciate this, but to my mind it’s a really good album. I reckon this and Packs Take The Cake beat Dark Matters as the contenders for album of the year.

A really good collection of songs, still got a bit of his punk rock routes in there. Capaldi who was famously a Doctor Who fan growing up in the 70s burned his collection of Doctor Who relics for punk rock. He fronted a Glasgow art school punk band Dreamboys, then of course went on to become a highly accomplished actor, etc

He made the album himself during lockdown, it has a slight stranglers vibe, personal anecdote but I actually bump into Peter Capaldi from time to time, last time I saw him he was very complimentary about my Siouxsie and the banshees T-shirt, Next time I see him, must ask him if he was ever at a Glasgow Apollo Stranglers gig 8)

Seriously, he’s a talented guy, great Doctor Who, funny as hell and phenomenal as Malcolm Tucker, and he’s got good musical, lyrical and singing capabilities

Well worth checking out, available on Bandcamp and streaming in the usual places as of now