Your euro set list?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Your euro set list?

Post by toilerinblack »

Palais81 wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 14:53
toilerinblack wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 21:38 With the tour about to commence what with Dave in mind and the new player coming in if you were the band now what sort of set list would you play as this band now embarks on a long awaited tour but now with a difference on stage.... mine would be something like this...

Waltzinblack
If you should see Dave/IF something's/Golden Brown all acoustic Medly
Full Electric Set:
No More Heroes
Water
Relentless
Threatened
North Winds Blowing
freedom
Bitching
This Song
Tramp
Grip
Into the Fire
No Man's Land
Moon
It only takes two to tango
Let me introduce you to the family
Norfolk Coast
5 minutes
Down in the Sewer

Encore
Toiler
Tank
Go Buddy go
Never Say Goodbye

If they wasn't to start with a medly then waltz straight to Heroes then the rest of my list .
Nice list. But no songs from Raven, Gospel (assuming Waltz record is the intro), and Dreamtime. No room for Thrown Away and Nuclear Advice or the Raven?
You are right i've only just realised i left off The Raven i think that will be the only one from that album they will do,for me it's always been such a great opener and is up with their rest to start after waltz.I'd love more from the Raven like Shah or ice but i just can't see that happening,but the Raven i agree i really hope they will do also agreed.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I thought Baz hasn't done much from Gospel apart from the disco song of thrown away,but i've just seen them in 2014 i think do a great version of four Horseman more from the Gospel please Baz please have a go at Hallow i think most fan's would agree with me too and would love them too do that song and maybe Second Coming too.For me i'd love them to do more from La folie/Dreamtime and the Gospel,but i feel it could still be mainly a hits and Dm tour....we will soon know.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

adeinblack wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 19:06 For me personally I would like to see a really rare set but its not going to happen;
1- Dreamtime
2- Choosey Susie
3- Manna Machine
4- Everybody loves you when your dead
5- Barbara
6- Mean to Me
7- Fickle Resolve
8- Mayan Skies
9- Ghost Train
10- Lines
11- Dave
12- Since you went away
13- Blue Sister
14- All Roads Lead to Rome
15- I Got Myself to Blame
16- Ain't Nothing to it
17- Norman Normal
18- In Heaven She Walks
19- Breathe
20- Sugar Bullets
21- Instead of This
22- Shut Up
23- In the Shadows
24- Rok it to the Moon
25- Enough Time
WOW!! there's some real crackers to your list that have never seen daylight ....Great list!
That's what's been great with this band there have been now just so many songs to their name over the decades people's list can be so different and varied again you've picked some rare gems on your list.
A quick glance at you list i agree to some real good songs that stand right out for me too that i've never heard like Blue Sister,Gost Train,Myan Skies,Ain't nothing to it,Rok it to the moon....great songs and yes they probably wouldn't but you never know.Could i see Baz doing any of these well i think if they haven't already done it already i don't know and the one track here i think Baz could do a good version too is Rok it to the moon.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 19 Nov 2021, 22:27, edited 3 times in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:I thought Baz hasn't done much from Gospel apart from the disco song of thrown away,but i've just seen them in 2014 i think do a great version of four Horseman more from the Gospel please Baz please have a go at Hallow i think most fan's would agree with me too and would love them too do that song and maybe Second Coming too.For me i'd love them to do more from La folie/Dreamtime and the Gospel,but i feel it could still be mainly a hits and Dm tour....we will soon know.
They did Two Sunspots in 2011 too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 22:12
toilerinblack wrote:I thought Baz hasn't done much from Gospel apart from the disco song of thrown away,but i've just seen them in 2014 i think do a great version of four Horseman more from the Gospel please Baz please have a go at Hallow i think most fan's would agree with me too and would love them too do that song and maybe Second Coming too.For me i'd love them to do more from La folie/Dreamtime and the Gospel,but i feel it could still be mainly a hits and Dm tour....we will soon know.

Yes they did your right there's another one from the floored masterpiece of an album.....thanks for reminding me .
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 22:20
Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 22:12

Yes they did your right there's another one from the floored masterpiece of an album.....thanks for reminding me .
They also did JLNOE in 2018.
What this all adds up to is that you're talking tosh Mr Toiler, include the "march" version of Waltz and that's half the album in the past decade :lol:
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

It's up to them what they play,it's their band.
Last edited by Ruby on 20 Nov 2021, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes they have played a few live maybe not some of their best from this album in just my one fans opinion like Hallow and Second Coming to name a few and waltz is their intro recording including the march isn't a gospel song played live even though i think it's a fantastic version, so post Hugh of 31 years it hasn't been a wonderful amount from this album played live as a gospel fan, but as always it's their prerogative as a band to play what they want too,but yes like you say they have more in the last decade than the post Hugh period of MK11 and beyond.
painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by painter in black »

for their credibility I think they should play the whole of dark matters, (first set) and the second set with other songs, but mainly mark II and III, and probably end with "Down in the sewer" and 'No more heroes".
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

painter in black wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 12:38 for their credibility I think they should play the whole of dark matters, (first set) and the second set with other songs, but mainly mark II and III, and probably end with "Down in the sewer" and 'No more heroes".
Why mainly Mk II and III? they are The Stranglers so should feature tracks from their most popular and best selling albums, to ignore them would not be a credible Stranglers gig.
They should be free to draw from their whole back catalogue. If they wished to no longer play the MkI songs they should either change the name of the band or quit.
I would expect a good few songs off DM and the other Baz Era albums, with the rest of the set drawn mainly from pre Epic Mk1, plus a couple of tracks from Epic era Mk1 and maybe Mk11 (which is pretty much their norm live).
Last edited by Bear Cage on 20 Nov 2021, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

painter in black wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 12:38 for their credibility I think they should play the whole of dark matters, (first set) and the second set with other songs, but mainly mark II and III, and probably end with "Down in the sewer" and 'No more heroes".
You know what that ain't a bad idea at all,for me anyway they have earn't real credibility with DM for sure others may differ.They could do that like they have done in the past with themed album nights,also thinking about Dm being played live in it's entirety there are no Dave sung songs to leave out or to get around either.So yes great idea but to be honest i think the most are expecting a more Hits & DM tour..... anything different would be a bonus for me,but who knows they might have a fresher new outlook and approach with changes having been forced apon them and just may have a different set list up their sleeve,after all it's been a long absence on the gig front coinciding with the new line up ...we shall find out very soon but i'm expecting much of the same with DM tracks maybe some DM ones like If something and Dave which they have done before it's release live and i wouldn't be surprised if they play them, after all they have already done excellent acoustic session version very very well.I After Waltz would love a little medly start on stools like the acoustic sessions for Dave say three if you should see Dave,If Something and Golden Brown then Bang into a night of electric starting with Heroes which would also be a fitting start to a night of electric,,but we shall see what they feels best....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 20 Nov 2021, 15:06, edited 6 times in total.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I'm not into hearing entire albums played in concert, myself.Any Stranglers album.