Your euro set list?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Your euro set list?

Post by Bear Cage »

Ruby wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 14:54 I'm not into hearing entire albums played in concert, myself.Any Stranglers album.
I sort of agree. However, it does get the band to play songs which don’t normally get through the sift for the live set (Enough Time was awesome on the recent Black and White tour). Also more conceptual / themed pieces could work well (I'd quite like them to have a go at the whole of Gospel).
For the new tour, Ideally we get 4 or 5 off the new album, within a selection from across their career, including a couple of oddities never or hardly ever played, or not played for a long time.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 15:06
Ruby wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 14:54 I'm not into hearing entire albums played in concert, myself.Any Stranglers album.
I sort of agree. However, it does get the band to play songs which don’t normally get through the sift for the live set (Enough Time was awesome on the recent Black and White tour). Also more conceptual / themed pieces could work well (I'd quite like them to have a go at the whole of Gospel).
For the new tour, Ideally we get 4 or 5 off the new album, within a selection from across their career, including a couple of oddities never or hardly ever played, or not played for a long time.
Good points said i also would also love them to have a go at Gospel the full album at some point,i think the themed nights are good because you get to hear again those fantastic album tracks that they would never normally play live.The only thing for me and it's a not a dig but some of the tracks would never sound quite the same .....No hugh.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 21 Nov 2021, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Good points said i also would also love them to have a go at Gospel the full album at some point
Won't happen..Baz is not fond of the masterpiece at all.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

evonx wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 22:04
Good points said i also would also love them to have a go at Gospel the full album at some point
Although I don’t see them doing something like that again, when they did B&W it was the winner of a fan vote, so if they offered again and Gospel won I think they’d play it (same as if Gospel had won then they would’ve played it).
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatest Hits setlist. 85% MKI/Hugh with a sprinkling of DM and a couple of others.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 22:20 Yes they did your right there's another one from the floored masterpiece of an album.....thanks for reminding me .
What sort of floor would that be, then? Wood? Marble?

Unless you mean "flawed masterpiece", which I think is how a critic in Q Magazine once referred to The Gospel, in which case that's also wrong. It's a masterpiece, plain and simple - no "flawed" about it. The thing is with The Gospel is that what people tend to perceive as flaws are actually an essential part of the character of the record.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 13:04 they are The Stranglers
"were"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 23:26 Greatest Hits setlist. 85% MKI/Hugh with a sprinkling of DM and a couple of others.
Finally, yeah - this is what is most likely to happen. Given that the band are evidently planning to make as much money as possible from whatever the hell this post-Dave venture is, they're not going to squander that by playing the entirety of The Gospel, and thank fuck for that. The band that made that record no longer exist and there's no possible way they could exist, and whatever this band is would only ruin it. Particularly since their current guitarist/vocalist isn't into the record. Although that hasn't stopped him from playing songs from it in the past in exchange for some dosh, of course.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 16:20
Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 15:06
Full album themed nights have always been a great night out and that goes for Hugh's too,well he's always natually good.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 21 Nov 2021, 02:11, edited 2 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 23:21
evonx wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 22:04
Although I don’t see them doing something like that again, when they did B&W it was the winner of a fan vote, so if they offered again and Gospel won I think they’d play it (same as if Gospel had won then they would’ve played it).
Exactly B&W was a winner with the fans like you say so Gospel maybe in time i think would be another winner too with the fans i would imagine and we would get to hear their version of Hallow and Second Coming,i wouldn't know if Baz does or doesn't like Gospel,anyway let's see how their first tour goes and just what they plan to do in time.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 01:42
Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 13:04 they are The Stranglers
"were"
Yawn
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 01:39
toilerinblack wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 22:20 Yes they did your right there's another one from the floored masterpiece of an album.....thanks for reminding me .
What sort of floor would that be, then? Wood? Marble?

Unless you mean "flawed masterpiece", which I think is how a critic in Q Magazine once referred to The Gospel, in which case that's also wrong. It's a masterpiece, plain and simple - no "flawed" about it. The thing is with The Gospel is that what people tend to perceive as flaws are actually an essential part of the character of the record.
Yes your right Stan i phrased it wrongly, it's an underated masterpiece that never got it's fully deserved recognition that it should of got but never did,but us fans know just how good it was and still is which is the main thing...A Masterpiece Set in Stone.