Your euro set list?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

adeinblack
Rats Rally

Re: Your euro set list?

Post by adeinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 21:08 What a great great song that should of been a single but you can't change the past it is how it is.
I only really had one conversation with JJ but he was open and honest. It was in 2002 so 12 years after Hugh left, he said he was gutted and that he loved him, he looked up to him like an older brother.....but yeah 'I' did some silly things....he said the only time they talked was via solicitors and there was no chance of repair. JJ would have been just happy to have had an annual chat with Hugh.
Whatever has happened it is a shame they can't talk, time is our only enemy, they have been good for each other, we still have three living original Stranglers. Love and hate are closely related. I love the Stranglers from 76 to now and I still love the new music and the tours, i like this site and the family that exists. I don't really wish that HC returns but I still like his stuff. I probably just wish they could be friendly before they pass away. I am sure JJ is agreeable.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

billyinblack63 wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 21:00
Greatkudu wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 10:52 Off thread I think Tramp is one of the greatest Stranglers songs ever, sublime in every way. And possibly Hughs most heartfelt vocal performance and lyric.Lt Kudu.
tramp live from tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAO4KW_QKM
Sir thanks for that, live vocals but recorded backing track. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 22:14
Greatkudu wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 10:52 Off thread I think Tramp is one of the greatest Stranglers songs ever, sublime in every way. And possibly Hughs most heartfelt vocal performance and lyric.Lt Kudu.
tramp live from tv

Hugh looking a bit "glazed over", I think is the phrase.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 22:14
tramp live from tv

Yeah he got through the bluffing bits well and carried on like a real pro.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Waiting to be told just what they opened their first night back with! we've all had a guess now we will find out very soon the full set list.