One more single from Dark Matters?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: One more single from Dark Matters?

Post by jason »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 23:33
jason wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 22:47
Cells&Plasma wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 22:15 Didn't it have an Acoustic Mony Mony?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes it was on there. Not sure why though! Some of Laidblack was quite good. Still Life was pretty good.
Instead of this opener...Magic!
I don't think that was on Laidblack. It was on Meninblack in Brugges?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 14:11
aldinblack wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 12:49 I think No Man's Land could work on radio 6. Its quite an attention grabbing lyric the "nobody move..." bit. The whole song is quite hard hitting. It wouldn't be a hit single but some listeners would take notice of it IMO.
Yes its the sort of song 6 Music would possibly play but they've let us down 3 times already this year so they probably wouldn't play it.
Of course they wouldn't play it, because it's awful. I'm still laughing my tits off at the first time I heard the "NOBODY MOVES! NOBODY GETS HURT!" section all this time later.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
jason wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 14:11
aldinblack wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 12:49 I think No Man's Land could work on radio 6. Its quite an attention grabbing lyric the "nobody move..." bit. The whole song is quite hard hitting. It wouldn't be a hit single but some listeners would take notice of it IMO.
Yes its the sort of song 6 Music would possibly play but they've let us down 3 times already this year so they probably wouldn't play it.
Of course they wouldn't play it, because it's awful. I'm still laughing my tits off at the first time I heard the "NOBODY MOVES! NOBODY GETS HURT!" section all this time later.
I have to agree, it's not a Single and lyrically it's very poor indeed. Believe me, I have tried to convince myself I should like No Man's Land but I cannot....soz.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

As for another single from Dark Matters... why not? After all, the others set the world on fire didn't they? :roll: Given that only the seriously dedicated are still listening at this point and radio mostly won't touch the new stuff, there's no point releasing any singles post-album release unless there's some new material to go with it to satisfy the die-hards.
Young Mr Grace
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Young Mr Grace »

As they've just had their highest chart placing album in 40 years, there really is no need to worry about another single release.

Dark Matters has done very nicely thankyou.
You can't keep up with me.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's had zero publicity. No station played any of the singles. The only time 6music played anything from the album was (bizarrely) at the start of the year. It bombed straight out of the charts whilst the Manics and other bands alongside them were still in a similar chart placing the following week.

Jim
Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:13 As they've just had their highest chart placing album in 40 years, there really is no need to worry about another single release.

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

I think they should go for another single. However this is on one condition- it should have a good "b" side. Surely there must be some good tracks that never quite made it to Dark Matters?
Young Mr Grace
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Young Mr Grace »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:21 It's had zero publicity. No station played any of the singles. The only time 6music played anything from the album was (bizarrely) at the start of the year. It bombed straight out of the charts whilst the Manics and other bands alongside them were still in a similar chart placing the following week.

Jim
Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:13 As they've just had their highest chart placing album in 40 years, there really is no need to worry about another single release.

Yet it was a top 5 hit. In 2021 this is success.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

How many copies did it sell?

Jim
Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:36
theraven1979 wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:21 It's had zero publicity. No station played any of the singles. The only time 6music played anything from the album was (bizarrely) at the start of the year. It bombed straight out of the charts whilst the Manics and other bands alongside them were still in a similar chart placing the following week.

Jim

Yet it was a top 5 hit. In 2021 this is success.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:36 Yet it was a top 5 hit. In 2021 this is success.
On the physical chart. In 2021 this is not the chart that counts.
Young Mr Grace
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Young Mr Grace »

StanInBlack wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 11:00
Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 10:36 Yet it was a top 5 hit. In 2021 this is success.
I'm only stating a fact.

You're stating an opinion.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Young Mr Grace wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 11:05
StanInBlack wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 11:00
I'm only stating a fact.

You're stating an opinion.
Actually it's not an opinion, physical sales only account for a mere fraction in terms of the way music is generally consumed in 2021. The times they have a'changed, matey.