One more single from Dark Matters?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: One more single from Dark Matters?

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 13:15
jason wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 08:05 I can't really see Radio 2 playing No man's land somehow! Image It has really grown on me though. I didn't like it all on first listen but I'm loving it now. There's even a bit of keyboard sound reminiscent of Ice/Shah in there! I still think Last men on the moon would be the perfect single though. White Stallion would be good as well. It could be become the bands Bohemian Rhapsody! :grin: Or could even Down become the Lionel Richie's Hello for the band? It might need a soppy video to go with it though like Lionel's hit! :?
Very Good i love that quote that White Stallion's the new....Bohemian Rhapsody! Excellent view of Stallion because in a way it is their one lol
Bohemian Rhapsody for me away from this band is up there as one of the best single tracks i've ever heard along with Rory Gallagher's live irsh '74 version of Waling on hot coals and Shine on you crazy diamond David Gilmour's live Pompeii in a Greece stadium's version of the PF song, they are all in their own right very special tracks to me as a guitarist's view on song's that may well be different for someone else who's not. Again a great quote from you that's stuck in my head now with Stallion....the stranglers new Bohemian Rhapsody Fantastic!
Mind you this band's original Bohemina Rhapsody of it's day will always be ...Down in the Sewer!
Pompeii is in Italy!! It was buried under Ash from Versuvius.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

giants wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 18:43 Instead of another single' I would prefer DM repackaged with acoustic bonus tracks like jap/french. Plus the live in tokyo album looks a fantasic package ( artwork for live in tokyo 10/10 art work for all live 0/10.
I would like extra tracks of some sort , for me though not accoustic , can't stand accoustic stuff personally , but they must have done stuff that didn't make the album , after all JJ had all those idea's , I hope some got further than the idea stage . I thought as this was very probably their last album , some stuff recorded but never released , there must be stuff , or rare ( non accoustic 😀) recordings . If it's accoustic it has no interest to me whatsoever .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm hoping JJ's ideas are going to be worked on for a quick follow up!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

jason wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 13:05 I'm hoping JJ's ideas are going to be worked on for a quick follow up!
How quick ? A mere 4 years or so this time 😀. Not sure myself of The Stranglers recording without Dave , though say the time comes , if it does I am sure curiosity will get the better of me . When I say without Dave , I mean a full album or do they just leave DM as the swansong .As a swansong it's good , Dave's final hurrah maybe also imo should be the band's .....like I say though curiosity .
All quiet ..........
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
giants wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 18:43 Instead of another single' I would prefer DM repackaged with acoustic bonus tracks like jap/french. Plus the live in tokyo album looks a fantasic package ( artwork for live in tokyo 10/10 art work for all live 0/10.
I would like extra tracks of some sort , for me though not accoustic , can't stand accoustic stuff personally , but they must have done stuff that didn't make the album , after all JJ had all those idea's , I hope some got further than the idea stage . I thought as this was very probably their last album , some stuff recorded but never released , there must be stuff , or rare ( non accoustic Image) recordings . If it's accoustic it has no interest to me whatsoever .
For me some accoustic songs are nice and can be interesting when you view them live. For example the 2011 convention where JJ and Baz did an accoustic set, or even the recent accoustic airing of Somethings Gonna kill me and others was good.

If JJ and Baz ever do any more accoustic shows then hopefully I'll go along.

But not on a band album. Bit of a waste of space for me tbh...
I Hate You !
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

I did get the laid Black album many years ago , listened once and never again .Can't even remember what songs were on it . That and brass 🖕😔😱 and this one 🚽.........just not for me really .
All quiet ..........
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I did get the laid Black album many years ago , listened once and never again .Can't even remember what songs were on it . That and brass ImageImageImage and this one Image.........just not for me really .
Didn't it have an Acoustic Mony Mony?

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 22:15
Jon the Impaler wrote:I did get the laid Black album many years ago , listened once and never again .Can't even remember what songs were on it . That and brass ImageImageImage and this one Image.........just not for me really .

Yes it was on there. Not sure why though! Some of Laidblack was quite good. Still Life was pretty good.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 22:47

Yes it was on there. Not sure why though! Some of Laidblack was quite good. Still Life was pretty good.
Instead of this opener...Magic!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

I'll take others knowledge on laid black re Mony Mony as I listened to it once and once only , couldn't even remember what was on it . It's just one small step from accoustic to .............brass and jazz imo . I think I would fall asleep if it was at live show , just no energy to it , they even play the stuff sitting down 😱. I have seen video's on it .
All quiet ..........
Bogenbroom
Rats Rally

Post by Bogenbroom »

Each to their own, but I think Laid Black and the live in Bruges album are great and among the better things to come out of mark 3 and 4.

Everyone plays well, there’s live drums and it’s in a style that Jet excelled at, and for my money they’ve got plenty of energy.

Feels like a better way of presenting a lot of those songs at this stage than trying to pretend they’ve still young punks.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Bogenbroom wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 18:09 Each to their own, but I think Laid Black and the live in Bruges album are great and among the better things to come out of mark 3 and 4.

Everyone plays well, there’s live drums and it’s in a style that Jet excelled at, and for my money they’ve got plenty of energy.

Feels like a better way of presenting a lot of those songs at this stage than trying to pretend they’ve still young punks.
agree with what you say about the albums... but i don't think anybody's pretending to still be young punks though.