It's Friday! Give me a song to listen to tonight, please

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

It's Friday! Give me a song to listen to tonight, please

Post by Palais81 »

A few recommendations please to listen to as I drink the evening away and celebrate the weekend! Cheers.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: It's Friday! Give me a song to listen to tonight, please

Post by Boody »

Hard Fi - living for the weekend. Hardly up to the minute but still a favourite of mine.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

How about a bit of Let's celebrate then!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I can’t recommend enough the band Packs from Toronto and their stunning debut album “Take the Cake” which was released earlier this year. It’s probably a bit too on the grunge side for the average Stranglers fan, but if you have an open mind when it comes to music then what have you to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBK5N0Z ... i9-gmAY7R8
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:48 Turn it up to 11…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQlVDVYdXE
Thanks very much for that. My NAD is over heating just like their Marshalls! They remind me of a couple of bands I have seen long time ago - Loop and My Bloody Valentine. That's got the party started or at least added to my tinnitus....
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Jake wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:52 I can’t recommend enough the band Packs from Toronto and their stunning debut album “Take the Cake” which was released earlier this year. It’s probably a bit too on the grunge side for the average Stranglers fan, but if you have an open mind when it comes to music then what have you to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBK5N0Z ... i9-gmAY7R8
Well thanks very much for this short beauty! I like it indeed. Took my daughter and her friend to our first post Lockdown gig in the summer- Bebadoobee. Your song choice reminds me of her. Another one to add to my Apple list....
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Palais81 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 19:24

Well thanks very much for this short beauty! I like it indeed. Took my daughter and her friend to our first post Lockdown gig in the summer- Bebadoobee. Your song choice reminds me of her. Another one to add to my Apple list....
Nice one, the opener of that album is “Divine Giggling”, what a title, and definitely what the world needs right now.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Boody wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:27 Hard Fi - living for the weekend. Hardly up to the minute but still a favourite of mine.
Cheers Boody. Hadn't heard this before but what a great party song. Going to blast this to guests as I pour alcohol down their throats!!
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

jason wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 18:32 How about a bit of Let's celebrate then!
Exactly, haven't listened to that in a while. Cheers!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Can’t believe I am actually listening to Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and really appreciating it. I was given a vinyl, original mono pressing and it sounds bloody good. I have it on CD, the first release, and that sounds dull, made me think it’s an overrated album, but now I am not so sure.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Jake wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 19:40 Can’t believe I am actually listening to Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and really appreciating it. I was given a vinyl, original mono pressing and it sounds bloody good. I have it on CD, the first release, and that sounds dull, made me think it’s an overrated album, but now I am not so sure.
Vinyl rules as far as I am concerned. Even enjoy blowing the dust off the needle. Hendrix did a good stripped down Sgt Peppers as well.