French Tour Set Opener....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: French Tour Set Opener....

Post by Cells&Plasma »

alaninblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 00:24 Were you there as that was a superb Gig?
Yes mate, I only go to the Sydney gigs. Saw them on the last 2020 tour also, all good gigs, but its almost the same set again and again and same stage antics, and in 2020 not even Water which I was hoping the hear live. I very much doubt ill even get the chance to see them again, though I believe Baz has relations in NZ so it keen to pop downunder. Mentioned it somewhere before, that no-one downunder shouts out the "Bruce", "Shelia" part in Nuclear Device, not sure even if its a thing anymore in the UK ?
If you're a Mexican, Bruce and Sheila in Device is apparent.

https://youtu.be/xsLmebaSBVc?t=1929

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 22:55 If you're a Mexican, Bruce and Sheila in Device is apparent.
https://youtu.be/xsLmebaSBVc?t=1929
Seems to be more old skool expats down south then !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Back on thread chaps :smt005 I'm woried now as France is announcing new Covid restrictions today, so it may put my trip in jeopardy? Hope not as so looking forward to going away and of course the gig, I will state one last time, I predict Tank as the opener? But they may surprise everyone, I hope they play quite a few songs from DMs, and I hope the Tobster does Dave proud, I'm sure he will be looking down. I still get emotional when I see film of him playing, I think I'm a big softy, despite my hard reputation? Joking of course, I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag. Lt Kudu. :smt005
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

I think a backdrop of Dave.

This song will get me over you as the opener.

Hope they play plenty from DM.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 09:14 Back on thread chaps :smt005 I'm woried now as France is announcing new Covid restrictions today, so it may put my trip in jeopardy? Hope not as so looking forward to going away and of course the gig, I will state one last time, I predict Tank as the opener? But they may surprise everyone, I hope they play quite a few songs from DMs, and I hope the Tobster does Dave proud, I'm sure he will be looking down. I still get emotional when I see film of him playing, I think I'm a big softy, despite my hard reputation? Joking of course, I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag. Lt Kudu. :smt005
I'm sure Toby will do Dave proud he's a good player for sure i've watched his tribute a few times now and each time i hear and watch him play i think he's a better player through each watch.Will they start with Tank they could well do or could it be Heroes or I've a sneaky feeling that if they don't open with as Hugh once said back in the day "Here's another heavy metal classic of ours" like Tank or Heroes and they want to open with something new from DM then it has to be Water.My four front runners are...Tank,Heroes,The Raven or Water.......not long to find out.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 19:23
Greatkudu wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 09:14 Back on thread chaps :smt005 I'm woried now as France is announcing new Covid restrictions today, so it may put my trip in jeopardy? Hope not as so looking forward to going away and of course the gig, I will state one last time, I predict Tank as the opener? But they may surprise everyone, I hope they play quite a few songs from DMs, and I hope the Tobster does Dave proud, I'm sure he will be looking down. I still get emotional when I see film of him playing, I think I'm a big softy, despite my hard reputation? Joking of course, I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag. Lt Kudu. :smt005
I'm sure Toby will do Dave proud he's a good player for sure i've watched his tribute a few times now and each time i hear and watch him play i think he's a better player through each watch.Will they start with Tank they could well do or could it be Heroes or I've a sneaky feeling that if they don't open with as Hugh once said back in the day "Here's another heavy metal classic of ours" like Tank or Heroes and they want to open with something new from DM then it has to be Water.My four front runners are...Tank,Heroes,The Raven or Water.......not long to find out.
Sir it has to be an old song really to reassure the fans, i hope they play about 5 songs from DMs, not too long wait, apparently there will be a French Tour T shirt, which will be a good souvenir,not that i need anymore T shirts. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 19:59
toilerinblack wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 19:23
Sir it has to be an old song really to reassure the fans, i hope they play about 5 songs from DMs, not too long wait, apparently there will be a French Tour T shirt, which will be a good souvenir,not that i need anymore T shirts. Lt Kudu. :smt005
A french t shirt souvenir great stuff but if your anything like me where i've to many to remember that i can't get into nowday's but did when i wore it back in the day seeing them live ...well i'm to old for diets just to make em fit again but will always keep em regardless....lol
I can see your logic about reasurrance and it's tradtion to start on the whole with an old classic belter of MK1's,i wonder if in the set they will do Strange Little Girl and Don't Bring Harry as Toby plays them both so well on the tribute vid....we shall see very soon.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

So what do we think, will the tour really go through?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Was thinking the same - This is rotten luck. Things are escalating fast. I guess all it takes now is for the UK to announce the new variant is present here for Europe to lock us out.

Jim
evonx wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 16:43 So what do we think, will the tour really go through?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

fingers crossed, if there's any doubt of not getting back will abandon the gig, will he gutted but can't risk being stranded in France. Lt Kudu. :smt013
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well the band are ready to rumble in France fully rehearsed set list chosen and if you are allowed to enter France don't forget to take the new Christmas Stranglers wolly hat as you might need it out there lol
I wonder if some of the great tribute version's that Toby if it is him on the tour played so well on youtube could well be added in the set somewhere like Don't Bring Harry,Heroes,Golden Brown he did play them very well, also North Winds Blowing which hasn't had an airing for ages would be a good track to see daylight again.Obviously i think this is their chance to play a fair few from DM the first time since it's release so maybe we might get Moon,If Something's,Dave Song,This Song,and maybe something like Breathe which is the one song from this album that i feel would of suited JJ's vocals better but never the less a great track,I'd love to hear No Man's Land i think that would sound great live and i cannot see them taking on White Stallion but you never know, anyway we shall see only a few days to go now...fingers crossed about the gig go ahead for the Brits.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

evonx wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 16:43 So what do we think, will the tour really go through?
Peut t'etre...non..certainment!