French Tour Set Opener....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: French Tour Set Opener....

Post by Bear Cage »

Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 12:14 Great short set list for French TV, almost entirely Baz era songs.
Water
Wild
This Song
Norfolk
Sun
Harry (French)
Stallion
Relentless
Hanging
Heroes
Moon
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 17:31 Looking on Amazon about 85% of the 250 plus reviews give Dark Matters a 5 star review so it can't be that bad! There's about 3 people that give it 2 stars!
I wouldn't base the quality of an album on Amazon reviews. The people most likely to be arsed enough to post a review on Amazon are superfans.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 13:07
jason wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 17:31 Looking on Amazon about 85% of the 250 plus reviews give Dark Matters a 5 star review so it can't be that bad! There's about 3 people that give it 2 stars!
I wouldn't base the quality of an album on Amazon reviews. The people most likely to be arsed enough to post a review on Amazon are superfans.
Yes, because everything gets a really positive review on there
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Well I wouldn't pay good money for a record and then rate it highly online if I really thought it was a pile of dung, favourite band or not.Who would ?
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Ruby wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:33 Well I wouldn't pay good money for a record and then rate it highly online if I really thought it was a pile of dung, favourite band or not.Who would ?
Nobody.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:43
Ruby wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:33 Well I wouldn't pay good money for a record and then rate it highly online if I really thought it was a pile of dung, favourite band or not.Who would ?
Nobody.
I wouldn't rate it on Amazon at all either way.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:45
Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:43
Nobody.
I wouldn't rate it on Amazon at all either way.
Not even for Hugh, with you clearly being a “superfan”. :lol:
jeromeinparis
Down In The Sewer

Post by jeromeinparis »

Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 12:18
Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 12:14 Great short set list for French TV, almost entirely Baz era songs.
Water
Wild
This Song
Norfolk
Sun
Harry (French)
Stallion
Relentless
Hanging
Heroes
Moon
Walk on by
Go buddy go
Tank
were added, it was not planned, but JJ ask the producer if they can play more, cause it was frustrating to play just 11 songs.
There were 2 bands before les étrangleurs, Keren Ann and Jesus & Mary Chain. But the majority of the audience came to see les étrangleurs.
We were closer from the band, and as I also said, JJ is in a really really good shape, incerdible, he seems to be very very happy to play.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

jeromeinparis wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 15:02
Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 12:18
Water
Wild
This Song
Norfolk
Sun
Harry (French)
Stallion
Relentless
Hanging
Heroes
Moon
Walk on by
Go buddy go
Tank
were added, it was not planned, but JJ ask the producer if they can play more, cause it was frustrating to play just 11 songs.
There were 2 bands before les étrangleurs, Keren Ann and Jesus & Mary Chain. But the majority of the audience came to see les étrangleurs.
We were closer from the band, and as I also said, JJ is in a really really good shape, incerdible, he seems to be very very happy to play.
Sounds amazing, I saw a printed set list of Facebook, didn’t know about the extras. Can’t wait to catch the broadcast.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:53 Not even for Hugh, with you clearly being a “superfan”. :lol:
I wouldn't exactly call myself a Hugh "superfan" either. I know that some would like to think my musical diet consists solely of the first ten Stranglers albums and Hugh's solo catalogue, but that's not the case at all.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 15:24
Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 14:53 Not even for Hugh, with you clearly being a “superfan”. :lol:
I wouldn't exactly call myself a Hugh "superfan" either. I know that some would like to think my musical diet consists solely of the first ten Stranglers albums and Hugh's solo catalogue, but that's not the case at all.
Whereas from your posts, and the photos you use as an avatar, we think of you as a total fanboy
:lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Bear Cage wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 15:57 Whereas from your posts, and the photos you use as an avatar, we think of you as a total fanboy
:lol:
Well, that's on you isn't it?