Paris gig 2023 🖤

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Paris gig 2023 🖤

Post by sendwarrior »

Great news, their first gig of 2023 announced for Paris in March of 2023 🖤🎶👍

I'm happy, I'm sure the usual suspects won't be.. :lol:

http://www.thestranglers.co.uk/?p=16543
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Paris gig 2023 🖤

Post by StanInBlack »

Milking that cash cow until it's a mere skeleton and/or riding the gravy train into the wall, it seems.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I'm a bit surprised, thought they would see how the Euro Dates go and British tour, so it seems the band will go on and on, I will try and do the dates I have tickets for and make a decision if I want to go again, I know Toby is a great player but i don't know how I will feel not seeing Dave, so at the moment it's my support for the band and my personal tribute to Dave by me attending, I know it seems a bit cheesy but it's just the way I feel.If I don't enjoy the French gig I will hang up my spurs and ride out in to the sunset or the rain, could be a song? Or maybe not. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"The gravy train is picking up speed and now it's travelling fast" :lol:

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 09:12 Milking that cash cow until it's a mere skeleton and/or riding the gravy train into the wall, it seems.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jeromeinparis
Down In The Sewer

Post by jeromeinparis »

Got my ticket
But before Valenciennes on november 21 and London february 22
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Great news they are planning ahead. Let's hope there's more new music to come in future as well! Let's hope that gravy train keeps chugging away! :grin:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

sendwarrior wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 21:14 Great news...
I'm happy, I'm sure the usual suspects won't be.. :lol:

http://www.thestranglers.co.uk/?p=16543
StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 09:12 ...
theraven1979 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 09:24 ...
Korrr-ect!!
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I was under the impression that the final tour was being honoured in memory and as a tribute to Dave but I'm not sure that is the case any more with this news.It has no credibility now and I'm not really sure why fans are up for it, myself.No offence, just my take on it.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

That's pretty much my stance on it as well. Perhaps some people aren't willing to let go of something that's been part of their lives for so many years that they don't care what form it takes. Well, I *do* care what form it takes, and it just ain't The Stranglers anymore. My whole joke about it becoming "Baz Warne's The Stranglers" is, unfortunately, looking increasingly likely. How depressing.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 20:36 That's pretty much my stance on it as well. Perhaps some people aren't willing to let go of something that's been part of their lives for so many years that they don't care what form it takes. Well, I *do* care what form it takes, and it just ain't The Stranglers anymore. My whole joke about it becoming "Baz Warne's The Stranglers" is, unfortunately, looking increasingly likely. How depressing.
You mean a sort of Dr. Feelgood scenario with not one original member left presumably?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jake wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 20:39 You mean a sort of Dr. Feelgood scenario with not one original member left presumably?
Urgh, god forbid. I know Baz has said in interviews that it's over if JJ is unable to do it anymore, but events post-Dave suggest to me if that as long as the cash cow has tits, they're getting milked. I mean, surely there's not just ME that barely recognises this current line-up as The Stranglers?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:03
Urgh, god forbid. I know Baz has said in interviews that it's over if JJ is unable to do it anymore, but events post-Dave suggest to me if that as long as the cash cow has tits, they're getting milked. I mean, surely there's not just ME that barely recognises this current line-up as The Stranglers?

Well, that’s a strong possibility, the stranglers are as much a brand as a band. It could be a nice little earner for JJs grandson. I’d say JJ might well have a good few years at least of performance in him, Roger Waters was being discussed elsewhere, he’s recently hit 80, and married his fifth wife, and still has tour dates scheduled, so it’s anyone’s guess how long until the final curtain.

I don’t know about barely recognisable, I will say this, I ended up having Rattus at the Roundhouse on YouTube on in the background and had to switch it off. I was actually at that gig and they really did sound bad that night. I’ve been to a couple of stranglers gigs since, but nothing since the Giants tour and think it’s highly unlikely that I will ever see another gig of the stranglers again.

I don’t think I have the level of antipathy towards the current era as you, sorry. I’ve been revisiting DM, and actually I do rather like it -everyone has the right to change their mind after all. I’m just really not keen on Baz doing Hugh vocals, and actually think he seems an alright bloke, but really don’t think he pulls off Hugh Cornwell numbers well at all vocally speaking.