Glasgow... fuck that

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Glasgow... fuck that

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:47

Really? Didn't know that - though I suspect Jaz needs theories like that to sell his 'product' :lol:

I think somewhere down the line the microchippy people got confused with Bill Gate's 'digital tattoo' concept - delivered by injection which is real - though never been deployed.

on the 2003 s/t album, the one with Dave Grohl on drums, “Implant” Jaz is wading into the issue, great number actually.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:02 on the 2003 s/t album, the one with Dave Grohl on drums, “Implant” Jaz is wading into the issue, great number actually.
Had a listen - Jaz's paranoia was justified - just that it manifested itself in smartphones and the internet of things like you said.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

kenl wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:17 @iain .
Why are you not vaccinated? If you have a medical reason you can still get in.
Is the 'i am exempt' still sufficient in Scotland?

As for the question... health reasons
rotten thoughts
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Surely if you're exempt then you'd just need some proof of that. Every gig and events I've been to for the last couple of months are asking for proof so this is not abnormal.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:35 Surely if you're exempt then you'd just need some proof of that. Every gig and events I've been to for the last couple of months are asking for proof so this is not abnormal.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
In England though the NHS app covers it - so a negative test is sufficient.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:10
Had a listen - Jaz's paranoia was justified - just that it manifested itself in smartphones and the internet of things like you said.

Yes, some of what Jaz says makes sense, and other things that he comes out with are a bit iffy, still he’s a great artist, he rates the stranglers a lot too, him and Paul Ferguson have gone on record as saying Rattus was a key influence on the early Killing Joke.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:43 Yes, some of what Jaz says makes sense, and other things that he comes out with are a bit iffy, still he’s a great artist, he rates the stranglers a lot too
I get the impression he was more than just a casual fan - a lot of what they were about in the early days seemed to be straight out of the Stranglers copybook.

Watched an interview with them on The Tube in 84 or 85 yesterday, talking about slapping journalists about..sounds familiar :lol:
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:47
I get the impression he was more than just a casual fan - a lot of what they were about in the early days seemed to be straight out of the Stranglers copybook.

Watched an interview with them on The Tube in 84 or 85 yesterday, talking about slapping journalists about..sounds familiar :lol:

Definitely.

Personally I always preferred Paul Raven RIP over Youth as the bass player. I think JJ would have almost certainly influenced his style of bass playing.

Not meaning to go off topic, I can’t see Jaz being very happy about vaccine passports and can imagine him giving the audience a lot of stick over it, but how he is going to get around his vaccine stance with upcoming international dates I don’t know.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:54 Not meaning to go off topic, I can’t see Jaz being very happy about vaccine passports and can imagine him giving the audience a lot of stick over it, but how he is going to get around his vaccine stance with upcoming international dates I don’t know.
Doesn't he have diabetes? I'm sure he can pay a Harley Street doctor to rustle up a qualifying sick note!

As to the principle of discriminating against fans and his attitude to that...good question.

Post by 8088 »

Oh, that's interesting - from the US FDA Advisory Committee, "vaccines kill two people to save one life."

https://youtu.be/WFph7-6t34M?t=15648
kenl

Post by kenl »

iain wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 19:21
kenl wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:17 @iain .
Why are you not vaccinated? If you have a medical reason you can still get in.
Is the 'i am exempt' still sufficient in Scotland?

As for the question... health reasons
I think you can get something official but not sure how.

Perhaps you could email the venue and see what they say.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Think we need to stay on topic here not indulge in stuff that’s on YouTube about the pros or cons of the vaccine get it or don’t decide if you want to go see the stranglers or not