Glasgow... fuck that

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Glasgow... fuck that

Post by iain »

So, only the vaccinated at now allowed into the Glasgow gigs.
Well that's moved the goalposts, and excluded me.
Ticketmaster refusing a refund too.

What a swizz.
Is the band ok with this shit?
rotten thoughts
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Glasgow... fuck that

Post by 8088 »

What about a negative test? Or previous infection and antibody count?
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Seems thats not good enough now for Nippy's government
rotten thoughts
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

iain wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 16:53 So, only the vaccinated at now allowed into the Glasgow gigs.
Well that's moved the goalposts, and excluded me.
Ticketmaster refusing a refund too.
Just looked at my gigs and tours booking and I'm still entitled to a refund because the original date was cancelled.Can't you tell Ticketmaster that you are not able to make the re-arranged date rather than say that you are not vaccinated ? Not that it's any of their business.
It's ridiculous, people with a recent negative result are less of a risk.
kenl

Post by kenl »

I live in Scotland and hate the SNP with a passion!

Hopefully the requirement for the vaccine passport thing will be gone by then.

They actually said one of the reasons they were pressing ahead was to encourage younger people to get jabbed.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

iain wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 16:53
Is the band ok with this shit?
I imagine they are, or Baz most certainly is, as he has been very critical of people taking an anti Vax stance during the Rat Chats, he perhaps feels more strongly about it given that he is married to a Doctor.
kenl

Post by kenl »

@iain .
Why are you not vaccinated? If you have a medical reason you can still get in.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:01 I imagine they are, or Baz most certainly is, as he has been very critical of people taking an anti Vax stance during the Rat Chats, he perhaps feels more strongly about it given that he is married to a Doctor.
Just because someone isn't vaccinated doesn't make them 'anti-vax'.I have no objections to anyone being vaccinated, their choice and their own business.Not bothered what Baz says.

Post by 8088 »

I think Baz's take on "Anti Vaxxers" from that Rat Chat was that such people claim there's a microchip in it - which is ludicrous - I've never seen/heard anyone suggest there's a chip in it...so if that's the advice his Doctor wife gave we really are screwed!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Ruby wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:21 Just because someone isn't vaccinated doesn't make them 'anti-vax'.I have no objections to anyone being vaccinated, their choice and their own business.
I am vaccinated, but that doesn’t mean that I am in love with the vaccine either by the same token. I just weighed up the pros and cons, and on balance decided it was better to get it, who knows if I come to regret it, and may yet die of Covid. I agree it’s personal choice, and it’s not being handled very well, at all. A negative test taken at the venue should be more than sufficient, vaccine passports is not the kind of society I particularly want to live in, but we are where we are.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:32 I think Baz's take on "Anti Vaxxers" from that Rat Chat was that such people claim there's a microchip in it - which is ludicrous - I've never seen/heard anyone suggest there's a chip in it...so if that's the advice his Doctor wife gave we really are screwed!
I’ve heard people going on about it, Jaz Coleman has been banging on about this for the last two decades, as much as I like Killing Joke , it’s a ludicrous suggestion. Why would they need to insert microchips into a population whom for the most part willingly carries Big Brother around with them in the form of their smartphone anyway.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:41
8088 wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:32 I think Baz's take on "Anti Vaxxers" from that Rat Chat was that such people claim there's a microchip in it - which is ludicrous - I've never seen/heard anyone suggest there's a chip in it...so if that's the advice his Doctor wife gave we really are screwed!
I’ve heard people going on about it, Jaz Coleman has been banging on about this for the last two decades, as much as I like Killing Joke , it’s a ludicrous suggestion. Why would they need to insert microchips into a population whom for the most part willingly carries Big Brother around with them in the form of their smartphone anyway.
Really? Didn't know that - though I suspect Jaz needs theories like that to sell his 'product' :lol:

I think somewhere down the line the microchippy people got confused with Bill Gate's 'digital tattoo' concept - delivered by injection which is real - though never been deployed.