New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: New keyboard player

Post by toilerinblack »

Really it delute's The Stranglers? what a load of tosh talk then don't have a band at all there is no alternative,if people think their crap and it's an insult to the original band then support someone else,they've produced a stunning new album for their fans and are touring right now really well out in France with a great reception and reviews,so what more can this band do? i'll tell you what they can do...nothing more at all,so i say support them or move on in another direction, it's everybody's choice to either following the current band or not at the end of the day i see no alternative.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 17 Dec 2021, 17:34, edited 4 times in total.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 16:52 OK just to throw a huge spanner in the works, are Duran Duran, Simon Le Bonn and friends as they don't Have Andy Taylor?
Duran Duran still have four out of the five original members in their line-up. Bad comparison.
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 16:52 Baz been in the band over 20 years
and?
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 16:52 are Marillion still Marillion without Fish?
Marillion still have four out of the five of their most successful line-up in their current line-up.
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 16:52 Are Iron Maiden a fake lineup as Paul Dianno was original front man
Yes, because the Bruce Dickinson-led Maiden are generally considered the "classic" Iron Maiden, with the Paul Di'Anno stuff being a prequel to that and nobody outside of the seriously dedicated cares about the Blaze Bayley era. Once more, in an incredible hat trick, four of the five members of the band that played on The Number of the Beast are still in Iron Maiden.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:26 Really it delute's The Stranglers? what a load of tosh talk
Yes, dilutes. Y'know, like adding too much water to an orange squash so that the dominant taste is actually the water instead of the orange squash which you paid for in the first place.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

Greatkudu wrote:OK just to throw a huge spanner in the works, are Duran Duran, Simon Le Bonn and friends as they don't Have Andy Taylor? The reason they are still The Stranglers is they still have JJ, Baz been in the band over 20 years and Jim since 2012,sadly we all know Dave passed away, Hugh left and Jet retired due to ill health, I just don't get this idea that a band is not a band because of lineup changes, are Marillion still Marillion without Fish? Are Iron Maiden a fake lineup as Paul Dianno was original front man (on that note I could tell you a story about him but I won't) he used to live in Salisbury my HQ, if JJ leaves or hangs up his bass or something worse, then it would not be the Stranglers IMHO and no one would want to go im sure,and the band know that, I give the band about another 3 years at most to be honest, I don't see another album.Lt Kudu.
Duran Duran also released albums and toured in the 90s/early 2000s with only 2 original members,

Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes.

Still as Duran Duran.

Medazzaland and Pop Trash were the albums.

Artistically these were probably their most experimental albums.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

ricam wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:30
Greatkudu wrote:OK just to throw a huge spanner in the works, are Duran Duran, Simon Le Bonn and friends as they don't Have Andy Taylor? The reason they are still The Stranglers is they still have JJ, Baz been in the band over 20 years and Jim since 2012,sadly we all know Dave passed away, Hugh left and Jet retired due to ill health, I just don't get this idea that a band is not a band because of lineup changes, are Marillion still Marillion without Fish? Are Iron Maiden a fake lineup as Paul Dianno was original front man (on that note I could tell you a story about him but I won't) he used to live in Salisbury my HQ, if JJ leaves or hangs up his bass or something worse, then it would not be the Stranglers IMHO and no one would want to go im sure,and the band know that, I give the band about another 3 years at most to be honest, I don't see another album.Lt Kudu.
Duran Duran also released albums and toured in the 90s/early 2000s with only 2 original members,

Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes.

Still as Duran Duran.

Medazzaland and Pop Trash were the albums.

Artistically these were probably their most experimental albums.

Well off thread, they are on BBC 601 for a few days with a BBC Concert, they are really good, and they have aged well, I couldn't admit to liking them years ago as my friends would have gaffer Taped me to Salisbury Cathedral Spire, but they have produced some fine music and have a new album that sounds interesting. Love Nick Rhodes keyboards. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: New keyboard playerveryu

Post by toilerinblack »

Well each too their own on should there be a current stranglers band at all,to me they can't do anything else more than a very good new album with a very good tour too .....end of.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

ricam wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:30 Duran Duran also released albums and toured in the 90s/early 2000s with only 2 original members,
Indeed they did. However, nobody except the seriously dyed-in-the-wool Duran Duran diehards cares about any of that material. Basically, with the exception of the Notorious (which still had four original members on it as Andy Taylor was a guest) album and the "Ordinary World" single (which still had three original members on it) nobody really gave a shit about Duran Duran until they reformed with the original line-up in 2004 - and even then they're a mere wisp of the force that they once were from 1981-1985, which is the era that most people care about.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

No No Notorious

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:41 No No Notorious
It's utterly surreal seeing Graham Coxon from Blur guesting with them these days, given the type of lo-fi indie solo albums he was making in the late '90s/early '00s.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Indeed - I also thought Reeves Gabrels joining The Cure was also a tad weird.

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:44
theraven1979 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:41 No No Notorious
It's utterly surreal seeing Graham Coxon from Blur guesting with them these days, given the type of lo-fi indie solo albums he was making in the late '90s/early '00s.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
ricam wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:30 Duran Duran also released albums and toured in the 90s/early 2000s with only 2 original members,
Indeed they did. However, nobody except the seriously dyed-in-the-wool Duran Duran diehards cares about any of that material. Basically, with the exception of the Notorious (which still had four original members on it as Andy Taylor was a guest) album and the "Ordinary World" single (which still had three original members on it) nobody really gave a shit about Duran Duran until they reformed with the original line-up in 2004 - and even then they're a mere wisp of the force that they once were from 1981-1985, which is the era that most people care about.
It wasnt about popularity.

Point being Duran Duran operated with 2 out of 5 members as Duran Duran for a number of years and not as Simon, Nick and friends.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Are we seriously comparing The Stranglers with Duran Duran now?!

Jim
ricam wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:55
StanInBlack wrote:
It wasnt about popularity.

Point being Duran Duran operated with 2 out of 5 members as Duran Duran for a number of years and not as Simon, Nick and friends.