New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

New keyboard player

Post by giants »

I will let you know who i think it is on Saturday. Thats if there's no official news on twiitter etc. I was told its nobody out of a Stranglers tribute band, but he was in a band who had a top 20 hit.The connection with the band is China records/eagle records around that time.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Re: New keyboard player

Post by markorbit »

Well that ties on with the person given 'thanks' on the new album. You might as well say who it is as if it's who I THINK you're referring to, he's been mentioned time and again!
Let's Boogie
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

No he hasn't been mentioned before as far as Im aware.I was told there might be an official statement this weekend. If not I will post it on here. I might be barking up the wrong tree. The bands name begins with the letter 'R'
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

He's been mentioned a few times now, think it's a given already that it's the fella from Rialto.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Yep' thats what I was told. What is the connection with rialto? Has JJ produced for them' have they supported the Stranglers at some time.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

Does any one know what Hounsham was doing before Rialto ? If JJ met him in 91 during the making of In The Night - what was he doing then ? Studio musician ?
laurie

Post by laurie »

At least he wears black
do you wanna
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think most of us know now to be fair - some of us knew 6 months ago :lol: I called him out on here as a replacement (not knowing it was him) when he did that tribute vid. All the clues were before your very eyes :lol: https://www.themeninblack.co.uk/forums/ ... rds=rialto

As for the connection - in 2000 Rialto recorded a new album on China Records - clearly JJ musta bumped into them then thus his "20 years ago" comment

As a sort of a disclaimer (I guess) I'd like to point out that nothing is confirmed until the official site or band member announces it

Jim
giants wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 22:33 I will let you know who i think it is on Saturday. Thats if there's no official news on twiitter etc. I was told its nobody out of a Stranglers tribute band, but he was in a band who had a top 20 hit.The connection with the band is China records/eagle records around that time.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Post by 8088 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzb3Klgmfc

You might recognise the top commenter :lol:

I posted this on the FB group when it came out.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Thanks for that clip' he's the man and Im sure dave would approve.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If he is the chap, seems a nice bloke and very talented musician, it will be so daunting, no one can or could ever replace Dave not just for his playing but Voice and character, but it enables the band to fulfil their commitments and I for one will fully support him, of course it will be so sad not to see the great man with his beeming smile, so I have alot of trepidation if I go to the French Date, but my girlfriend has volunteered to mind my dad for me, which is such a lovely thing to do, so I look forward to just the train journey even, and gig will be bitter sweet for me and band I'm sure, but it's all about tribute to Dave and I feel it will be my tribute by supporting the band. Lt Kudu.
Last edited by Greatkudu on 15 Oct 2021, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.