New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: New keyboard player

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 10:15 If he is the chap, seems a nice bloke and very talented musician, it will be so daunting, no one can or could ever replace Dave not just for his playing but Voice and character, but it enables the band to fulfil their commitments and I for one will fully support him, of course it will be so sad not to see the great man with his beeming smile, so I have alot of trepidation if I go to the French Date, but my girlfriend has volunteered to mind my dad for me, which is such a lovely thing to do, so I look forward to just the train journey even, and gig will be bitter sweet for me and band I'm sure, but it's all about tribute to Dave and I feel it will be my tribute by supporting the band. Lt Kudu.
That's it you've said it there...By going to the gig is your tribute to Dave.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

airflamesred wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 13:54
jason wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 13:42 Their first album was pretty good. I've never heard the second one. I guess it flopped! It's in the post though :wink:
In the post?, From Amazon?
Yes mate.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

jason wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 17:51
airflamesred wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 13:54
jason wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 13:42 Their first album was pretty good. I've never heard the second one. I guess it flopped! It's in the post though :wink:
In the post?, From Amazon?
Yes mate.
Enjoy,
I don't know about you but given his boogie woogie background I suspect we can look forward to a rousing rendition of Go buddy go.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 08:33 I think most of us know now to be fair - some of us knew 6 months ago :lol:
Yeah, to some of us this is really old news :lol: I'm glad the cat's out of the bag and I don't need to keep my trap shut about it anymore, mind!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 08:33 I think most of us know now to be fair - some of us knew 6 months ago Image
Yeah, to some of us this is really old news Image I'm glad the cat's out of the bag and I don't need to keep my trap shut about it anymore, mind!
I went through a few months of deleting posts when someone mentioned it to try and go with whatever the band were planning. But fuck me just announce it lads!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 22:58
StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 08:33 I think most of us know now to be fair - some of us knew 6 months ago Image
Yeah, to some of us this is really old news Image I'm glad the cat's out of the bag and I don't need to keep my trap shut about it anymore, mind!
I went through a few months of deleting posts when someone mentioned it to try and go with whatever the band were planning. But fuck me just announce it lads!

Jim

I just don't know why they don't announce officially, we all know, French tour starts in under 7 weeks, I hope to be their on the first date if I can. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jason wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 23:40 I've just ordered an old Rialto album for about a quid on Amazon :grin:
Let’s us know how you get on with that cos the link I posted to a song of Rialto’s a few pages ago (Untouchable) I can’t get the bleedin’ thing out of me head! Someone help! please make it stop!
:smt021
Shush this is serious
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 23:21
theraven1979 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 22:58
StanInBlack wrote:

Jim

I just don't know why they don't announce officially, we all know, French tour starts in under 7 weeks, I hope to be their on the first date if I can. Lt Kudu.
Do enjoy Sir, have a gud un, I hope you get to go and it would be great to hear your report on our new Strangler, the Tobester.
🤟🏻
Shush this is serious
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 10:15 If he is the chap, seems a nice bloke and very talented musician, it will be so daunting, no one can or could ever replace Dave not just for his playing but Voice and character, but it enables the band to fulfil their commitments and I for one will fully support him, of course it will be so sad not to see the great man with his beeming smile, so I have alot of trepidation if I go to the French Date, but my girlfriend has volunteered to mind my dad for me, which is such a lovely thing to do, so I look forward to just the train journey even, and gig will be bitter sweet for me and band I'm sure, but it's all about tribute to Dave and I feel it will be my tribute by supporting the band. Lt Kudu.
Nice post, Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 00:56
Greatkudu wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 23:21
theraven1979 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 22:58 I went through a few months of deleting posts when someone mentioned it to try and go with whatever the band were planning. But fuck me just announce it lads!

Jim

Do enjoy Sir, have a gud un, I hope you get to go and it would be great to hear your report on our new Strangler, the Tobester.
🤟🏻
Sir you will have my full report if I go, but its very fluid with travel etc, so fingers crossed. Lt Kudu.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

What has happened to the news feed? Its gone very quiet.I imagine the band are rehearsing with Toby etc, but come on. More dates on the tour have sold out and there was no mention of the jap/french release of dark matters with the bonus tracks. People on this forum seem to be in the know more than official sites. I remember when paul left the band that someone on here posted 'just do a head count when the Stanglers come on stage' that was before any official announcement.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 22:34
theraven1979 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 08:33 I think most of us know now to be fair - some of us knew 6 months ago :lol:
Yeah, to some of us this is really old news :lol: I'm glad the cat's out of the bag and I don't need to keep my trap shut about it anymore, mind!
[/quote
true enough going by what JJ was saying with a former tribute player i was thinking wrongly to who it could be lol still if it's him good luck to him for coming in so the band can continue to tribute Dave and if it's longer than that he will get all the fan's support for sure i would imagine that will be the case for those who will continue on with them live that is.