New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: New keyboard player

Post by aldinblack »

Well if its him then good news indeed he seems like a lovely bloke..
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 10:22 Well if its him then good news indeed he seems like a lovely bloke..
Why the band don't formally announce the name, when he has thanks on the credits of the new album, it's bizzare. Lt Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 18:10
Why the band don't formally announce the name, when he has thanks on the credits of the new album, it's bizzare.
Don't understand it myself, it's no big deal.Perhaps the man himself doesn't want any fanfare but the cat is out of the bag and it can't be avoided anyway.
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

I wonder if the band will put out a video of them playing together when it is officially confirmed.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 10:22 Well if its him then good news indeed he seems like a lovely bloke..
Why the band don't formally announce the name, when he has thanks on the credits of the new album, it's bizzare. Lt Kudu.
i think some of the band's material is quite nice i quite like untouchable as a song,so if it is him then good luck to him and the band too is what i say,if he is who JJ want's and think he will suit Dave's playing then great even though i thought it was an ex FMH tribute player which is why i thought as a guess i knew who it was i was obviously well of the scent there.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 16 Oct 2021, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 20:23
i think some of this band's material is quite nice,if it's him good luck to him and the band is what i say,if he is who JJ want's and think's best for the stranglers then they all deserve everyone's support to tribute the man who gave the Stranglers their sound.
Sir its deff the ex Rialto keyboard player, it's the first gig in 7 weeks time, can't believe they don't just formally announce his name. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 20:51
toilerinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 20:23

i think some of this band's material is quite nice,if it's him good luck to him and the band is what i say,if he is who JJ want's and think's best for the stranglers then they all deserve everyone's support to tribute the man who gave the Stranglers their sound.
Sir its deff the ex Rialto keyboard player, it's the first gig in 7 weeks time, can't believe they don't just formally announce his name. Lt Kudu.
Well they must have their reasons holding back maybe trying to take the pressure off who knows they will do what they see fit,for me we've had the great album and time is nearing to finally ...Tribute Dave.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

tenuous link :?

1984 JJ played on one track on Beranek's album Trigger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Jacques_Burnel
Beranek – Trigger album (1984) : production, bass and backing vocals on track "All Through the Night"

2008 Mungo Jerry recruits Toby Hounsham for keyboards

2019 Beranek plays in a band Oslo Plektrum - appear with Ray Dorset (Mungo Jerry)
https://www.mungojerrymagic.com/2015-19/
MUNGO JERRY IN OSLO : Ray pictured during his recent trip to Oslo. The band with him are Oslo Plektrum who had a hit with their version of Lady Rose with Norwegian words and a title change. The guitarist played with The Stranglers.

The guitarist from Oslo Plektrum - Espen Beranek Holm - has played with Dave and JJ
https://loose-lips.co.uk/blog/beranek-s ... rk-entries
Beranek has worked with such peers as JJ Burnel & Dave Greenfield from The Stranglers and noted pedal steel guitarist B.J. Cole and has been a member of the bands Dei Nye Kappelanane, Langsomt Mot Nord, Spastisk Ekstase and Ung Pike Forsvunnet. He is currently the vocalist and playing guitar in the Oslo-based power trio Oslo Plektrum.

2021 JJ recruits Toby Hounsham for keyboards
Last edited by Frederik on 16 Oct 2021, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've just ordered an old Rialto album for about a quid on Amazon :grin:
airflamesred

Post by airflamesred »

Meanwhile over on the Rialto forum, the eagerly anticipated reunion has gone Pete Tong :lol:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Their first album was pretty good. I've never heard the second one. I guess it flopped! It's in the post though :wink:
airflamesred

Post by airflamesred »

jason wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 13:42 Their first album was pretty good. I've never heard the second one. I guess it flopped! It's in the post though :wink:
In the post?, From Amazon?