Dark Matters - Extra Tracks

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Dark Matters - Extra Tracks

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 21:17 The acoustic version of If Something's going to kill is superb!
Yep i agree it's an amazing version agreed,i was blown away hearing baz sing this one he's at his best on this version without doubt for me.I'd buy an acoustic session full DM album anyday of the week.
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

This has been removed from YouTube now. What tracks were on there?
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

cassini wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 00:05 This has been removed from YouTube now. What tracks were on there?
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 13.11.04.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 13.11.04.png (39.26 KiB) Viewed 874 times
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The French version of Down is really great - prefer it to the English one.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

cassini wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 00:05 This has been removed from YouTube now. What tracks were on there?
You didn't miss anything, put it that way.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Some of the extras are available on the Japanese version, I will try to source it, a great live version of Toiler and Freedom. Lt Kudu.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

French Down, acoustic If Something's.. and the live tracks were well worth the (FOC) entry fee.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I've only really listened to the acoustic version of "Down" (which I prefer to the album version, a little) and I'd quite forgotten that the other three acoustic tracks were pre-released in video form before the album was out.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 09:34
I think I would agree , Japanese , French and accoustic versions of my least liked DM songs , the two of three I wouldn't listen to , even more so if accoustic . I did hear them some review of the Japanese version of DM , interested due to the extra tracks until I found it was "Down " plus some live songs , admittedly of decent songs . Until that point I was curious about buying the Japanese and French versions ......Down though , no thanks .Not that I dislike , but I wouldn't bother with that particular song , or Lines or Breathe . Now , if it was an extended White Stallion that's another story 😁, or unreleased songs etc ........
All quiet ..........
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 15:34
StanInBlack wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 09:34
I think I would agree , Japanese , French and accoustic versions of my least liked DM songs , the two of three I wouldn't listen to , even more so if accoustic . I did hear them some review of the Japanese version of DM , interested due to the extra tracks until I found it was "Down " plus some live songs , admittedly of decent songs . Until that point I was curious about buying the Japanese and French versions ......Down though , no thanks .Not that I dislike , but I wouldn't bother with that particular song , or Lines or Breathe . Now , if it was an extended White Stallion that's another story 😁, or unreleased songs etc ........
Indeed, it's like... "why would I need more versions of 'Down'?" or "why would I need an acoustic version of 'The Lines'?" or "why do I need a live version of 'Freedom is Insane'?" or "why do I need to hear a recent Stranglers line-up murder 'Toiler on the Sea' when I can listen to MKI perform it how it should be performed on either the studio version on Black and White or the incredible live version on All Live and All of the Night?"
stuartinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by stuartinblack »

Milton Keynes bowl 1991 best live version of toiler for me ever
stuartinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by stuartinblack »

Not a fan of that mk 2 line up but have to say they did some great live shows