JJ punktuationmag

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: JJ punktuationmag

Post by toilerinblack »

Intresting interview still the old Hugh thing going on there and JJ giving nothing away about the tours and like he says the the tail never wags the dog in the Stranglers and life's too short to play it safe, good interview i thought....thanks.
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

I am surprised and pissed off that it is Hugh who stopped the release of the movie. 😬

Post by 8088 »

JJ needs a refresher course on Astrophysics!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Hopefully at some point we can get to see the movie if things ever get sorted out,seems such a shame we haven't been able so far to see it but never say never.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yeah, I've already seen this. Yet more tedious, tiresome Hugh-bashing and anti-Hugh propaganda.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

toilerinblack wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 23:53 and like he says the the tail never wags the dog in the Stranglers
That seems to be his new pet saying for this round of interviews.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 13:17 Yeah, I've already seen this. Yet more tedious, tiresome Hugh-bashing and anti-Hugh propaganda.
With all respect why would JJ lie about Hugh stopping the film release? JJ has always come across as an honest man. Lt Kudu.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

I get the impression he likes fans to take sides and encourages a bit of Hugh bashing. Fans often just repeat things he says - like the idea that Hugh is bitter -this is more than likely another way to get fans to be 'disappointed' in Hugh.

If Hugh had to ability to halt the film so easily, why would a capable film maker not get his permissions before even starting the film? It just doesn't add up.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Couldn't care less myself about JJ's Hugh bashing ,nor vice versa.Actually, I find it good entertainment.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I mean, it just seems to me that for all the rhetoric about "you obviously haven't got over Hugh leaving, man" that fans of MKII+ love to spout at those who reasonably believe MKI to be the "real deal" and MKII+ to be in their shadow, that ultimately it's JJ himself who is the one person that's never got over Hugh leaving The Stranglers the most. I mean, you're talking about a guy who actually wrote a song about Hugh and released it on an album 8 years after Hugh had left the band - almost a decade later. And all this moaning about Hugh in recent interviews indicates that he's still - after all this time - not over it.

I do love it when MKII+ fans trot out that "you obviously haven't got over Hugh leaving, man" line. I have, as it happens - which is why I'm more than satisfied with his solo work. I think if he'd stayed with The Stranglers it would have diminshed that work - particularly on the evidence of what the band have done without him.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's depressing that in pretty much every interview JJ has done to promote the new album he's brought Hugh into the mix. Sad times

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"