This Song - Behind The Scenes

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Re: This Song - Behind The Scenes

Post by sendwarrior »

8088 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 14:35 it's to their creative credit that the video doesn't directly relate to the lyrics
Apparently he's being chased by his demons, so I'd say it pretty much does relate directly!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

sendwarrior wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 17:58
8088 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 14:35 it's to their creative credit that the video doesn't directly relate to the lyrics
Apparently he's being chased by his demons, so I'd say it pretty much does relate directly!
(Reaching for and wearing my Mr Pedantic top hat...) that's why I said "doesn't directly relate" - there's no lyrical reference in the song to being chased by demons - that's the audience's extrapolation - as is the video.

This is what makes it special - as opposed to the clunky "it's about Dave" References For Dummies video for And If You Should...
Hazzainblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Hazzainblack »

I deplore the poor chord progressions and 6th form poetry aesthetic in This Song. If I had my way I’d bury it in a shallow pit and douse it in petrol before it had chance to thrive or potentially embed itself in the public consciousness
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Tonight Matthew I will mostly be in Paris.....
Tonight Matthew I will mostly be in Paris.....
20230312_101938.jpg (529.27 KiB) Viewed 2819 times
Hazzainblack wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 02:36 I deplore the poor chord progressions and 6th form poetry aesthetic in This Song. If I had my way I’d bury it in a shallow pit and douse it in petrol before it had chance to thrive or potentially embed itself in the public consciousness
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Visions of Stan launching Photoshop with the image above for a forthcoming "JJ Burnel & Friends" signage

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I've probably commented before on this but I love the video, think it works really well with the track which is one of the best on Dark Matters.
Let's Boogie
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 12:47 Visions of Stan launching Photoshop with the image above for a forthcoming "JJ Burnel & Friends" signage

Jim
Reads prompt...enters stage Left to Applause from a Minority of the Audience.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 12:47 Visions of Stan launching Photoshop with the image above for a forthcoming "JJ Burnel & Friends" signage

Jim
You're 'Stan" ..... admit it.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Homer wrote:

Jim
You're 'Stan" ..... admit it.
I thought you of all people knew me fairly well

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 13:26 I've probably commented before on this but I love the video, think it works really well with the track which is one of the best on Dark Matters.
Agreed too....I love the video and Stuart was perfect for it,I think it was one of their best vids for years.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'm about as arsed to do that as I am about hearing this song or the rest of Dark Matters again. Not very. Besides, eventually it'll be "Puppet Show & Baz Warne's The Stranglers" the way things are going, so...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Hazzainblack wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 02:36 I deplore the poor chord progressions and 6th form poetry aesthetic in This Song. If I had my way I’d bury it in a shallow pit and douse it in petrol before it had chance to thrive or potentially embed itself in the public consciousness
I hear you, but you honestly don't need to go to that amount of effort. It won't "thrive" or "embed itself in the public consciousness" entirely on its own terms, and it really doesn't need any help with that. To be honest, I'd forgotten about the track until just now.