All killer no filler'?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: All killer no filler'?

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:38
toilerinblack wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:23
Greatkudu wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:06

I'm hope it will get a live airing on French tour, but will be hard to play live with the odd time signature. Lt Kudu.
Yeh you could be right about the time signature for a live version but i'd love to hear a live version of it,it goes for Stallion another one that would be hard to do live,i think those two which are some of DM are some off my favourites which i might never hear live.They might play it safe with the moon's and the Dave song,this song and breathe.It will be intresting to see how this tour will be done as in Dave song's as a tribute,i don'y think they will go there with a any Dave sung song's so maybe golden brown which is Dave's they will do and will they do the Dave song? possibly...we''ll see.
Sir well I've booked to go for the first date, but things may change with the virus? I hope not as I'm really looking forward to going, but will be so sad not to see Dave, but I will fully support the Keyboard chap, he's a great player and he will get everyone's support, but my god he will be nervous, I don't envy him but he's a professional so he will he used to pressure but Stranglers are another level. Lt Kudu.
Yes wont be easy could of been easier if they had eased him in maybe so the fans could get used to him i think the acoustic tracks would of been a great time but they had louie in them instead.As yet still not officially named on their site,the overdue wait is their right to do what they think is best.I still thought the man they were bringing was an ex stranglers tribute player from FMH,to be fair i don't know this guys musical background at all but i wish him the very best in his new band.The whole Dave's not their situation live is still very raw for me,but time is closing in for fans to go and tribute him live and Dave deserves all the respect the fans will give him for sure.It will be hard for the band going on stage without Dave so i wish them all the luck and best in the world.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 20:08
toilerinblack wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:23
Yeh you could be right about the time signature for a live version but i'd love to hear a live version of it,it goes for Stallion another one that would be hard to do live,i think those two which are some of DM are some off my favourites which i might never hear live.They might play it safe with the moon's and the Dave song,this song and breathe.It will be intresting to see how this tour will be done as in Dave song's as a tribute,i don'y think they will go there with a any Dave sung song's so maybe golden brown which is Dave's they will do and will they do the Dave song? possibly...we''ll see.
Sir well I've booked to go for the first date, but things may change with the virus? I hope not as I'm really looking forward to going, but will be so sad not to see Dave, but I will fully support the Keyboard chap, he's a great player and he will get everyone's support, but my god he will be nervous, I don't envy him but he's a professional so he will he used to pressure but Stranglers are another level. Lt Kudu.
Yes wont be easy could of been easier if they had eased him in maybe so the fans could get used to him i think the acoustic tracks would of been a great time but they had louie in them instead.As yet still not officially named on their site,the overdue wait is their right to do what they think is best.I still thought the man they were bringing was an ex stranglers tribute player from FMH,to be fair i don't know this guys musical background at all but i wish him the very best in his new band.The whole Dave's not their situation live is still very raw for me,but time is closing in for fans to go and tribute him live and Dave deserves all the respect the fans will give him for sure.It will be hard for the band going on stage without Dave so i wish them all the luck and best in the world.
Sir he will be playing Daves keyboards, he did a YouTube tribute after Dave passed, so he will play with total respect for Dave no doubt.Lt kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 22:26

Sir he will be playing Daves keyboards, he did a YouTube tribute after Dave passed, so he will play with total respect for Dave no doubt.Lt kudu.
Is it the..Dave Greenfield RIP- My tribute to the stranglers keyboard player vid ? i've seen that a few times anyway at the time, is that the guy coming in then? on the benjamin bloom football channel... it doesn't say his name or am i watching the wrong tribute vid?
Last edited by toilerinblack on 19 Oct 2021, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 14:33
Is it the..Dave Greenfield RIP- My tribute to the stranglers keyboard player vid ? i've seen that a few times is that the guy coming in then? on the benjamin bloom football channel one they guy in black it doesn't say who he is is that the fill in guy? or am i watching the wrong tribute vid?
It's the chap with Hat and Glasses I think? Or I may be wrong? I am wrong sometimes? Lt Kudu :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Is it the..Dave Greenfield RIP- My tribute to the stranglers keyboard player vid ? i've seen that a few times is that the guy coming in then? on the benjamin bloom football channel one they guy in black it doesn't say who he is is that the fill in guy? or am i watching the wrong tribute vid?
Toby Hounsham.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 14:37

It's the chap with Hat and Glasses I think? Or I may be wrong? I am wrong sometimes? Lt Kudu :smt005
[/quote
yeh i found it i know who it is now if it's the hat guy i remember i have watched him before.He seems very knowledgeable and can play very well to Dave's songs,still makes it very hard seeing him play Dave's parts but he seem's a really nice guy and if it is him then i wish him the very best seem's like he'll do a great job filling for the tours.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 19 Oct 2021, 15:03, edited 4 times in total.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzb3 ... ture=share

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

gjinblack wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 14:47 https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzb3 ... ture=share

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Thanks.