Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 08:52 Really. Are folks taking the 5th Beatle thing seriously? C'Mon!!
I think it was just really Baz appreciating what Louie does for the band with his hard work, people take everything so fucking seriously here,it's only a band at the end of the day,they are not fighting to save the world.Lt Kudu. :smt013
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

jetblacksdad wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 08:52 Really. Are folks taking the 5th Beatle thing seriously? C'Mon!!
It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie's contributions were in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
Last edited by Ruby on 19 Oct 2022, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think some people called it out not really because of the Beatle reference (although that is amusing) more that Louie is the producer all the time and they're not prepared to experiment etc. Kinda strapped to the band like Yoko Ono (for another Beatles reference). All makes for a rather stale album

Just my opinion of course and I do rate some of the stuff they did with Louie in the past but c'mon guys!

Jim
Ruby wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:06
It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie was in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:12 I think some people called it out not really because of the Beatle reference (although that is amusing) more that Louie is the producer all the time and they're not prepared to experiment etc. Kinda strapped to the band like Yoko Ono (for another Beatles reference). All makes for a rather stale album

Just my opinion of course and I do rate some of the stuff they did with Louie in the past but c'mon guys!

Jim
It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie was in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
Equally you could say Hugh needs a producer on balance.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well you could but at least he's not been afraid to try different ones. I mean he's had a decent crack of the whip here. Albini, Visconti etc.

Some worked, some didn't.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 16:23
theraven1979 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:12 I think some people called it out not really because of the Beatle reference (although that is amusing) more that Louie is the producer all the time and they're not prepared to experiment etc. Kinda strapped to the band like Yoko Ono (for another Beatles reference). All makes for a rather stale album

Jim
Ruby wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:06 It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie was in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 16:28 Well you could but at least he's not been afraid to try different ones. I mean he's had a decent crack of the whip here. Albini, Visconti etc.

Some worked, some didn't.

Jim

Jim

Yes of course,I was just throwing in balance,let's see when we hear the album,we can all make a judgement on quality, production etc.As I said due to postal strike unlikely anyone will be getting it until next week? Lt kudu.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I don't consider DM a stale album. Whether you like it or not, White Stallion is miles away from The Lines, as is This Song etc.

But I do think that they could do with fresh ears from time to time. Giants being an example of where a producer of a different kind would have brought something out of them.

That said, we do not want another Summer in the City do we?

One must be careful what one wishes for!!!!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie's contributions were in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
Indeed so! Rather lame and tedious!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Jim
Ruby wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:06 It was just a throw away comment from Baz,meaning how helpful Louie was in the studio and some on here used it as another shitty stick to beat them with.
yep...exactly i only hope that his album is as good on the production front as DM is and not experimenting i cannot agree with that at all and i suggest try listening to DM again for it's full of a difference and experimentation through the album and especially with the likes of Stallion and Breathe,i wouldn't of wanted them to of tried anybody else i mean how much more of an album could it's producer give and make it's overall sound like to make the album sound it's fullest best....for me it's a top album from a top band and a top producer,so it's over to Hugh now for MOM we await great things.