Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 09:17 The sum total of my Adele knowledge was she used to be a fat lass...

Having listened to some of her hits this morning for context I can only conclude that in the future:

the next Adele will be silicon/you will own nothing/and you'll be happy
I'm mysfied How Adele got into this thread? Shall we just discuss Adele from now on? She swears alot, is so poor she had to move to LA, her relationships never seem to last which enables her to make an album every 6 or so years singing about the break ups, her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Oh Fuck it was me who mentioned Adele, I just looked back I made a joke saying I bet someone was listening to the new Adele single instead of Dark Matters, I seem to have started the Adele appreciation society, please can we not mention her again, I'm still enjoying Dark Matters. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:Oh Fuck it was me who mentioned Adele, I just looked back I made a joke saying I bet someone was listening to the new Adele single instead of Dark Matters, I seem to have started the Adele appreciation society, please can we not mention her again, I'm still enjoying Dark Matters. Lt Kudu. :smt013
You are the Founder and CEO of Stranglers' Adele Appreciation Society. Adele Covers Bonus Disc would boost DM's Sales for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 20:58 I reckon JJ and Hugh were kind of equally hurt by each other. Pisces and Virgo are of course astrological opposites, which can make either are very close bond or fractured relationships. It’s a great shame that those guys didn’t get some mediation. A lot of the troubles seemed to stem from the Feline mixing process, and of course the incident around Aural Sculpture when JJ smashed Hugh through a partition wall. The rest as they say is history.
Two strong egos battling for dominance and feeling they have something to prove - probably jealous of each others strengths.

Time apart would've fixed things - like you said, genuine mediation instead of sycophants telling Hugh he was going to be a star - a few years time out and they'd have come back just in time for the renewed interest in all things New Wave.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 00:08 How the fuck did Adele muscle in on the Dark Matters second thoughts thread.? Lt Kudu. :smt013
YOU brought her into the thread, you donkey. In the words of the unimpeachable George Clinton: if you don't like the effects, don't produce the cause.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
...and what does this have to do with the quality of a piece of music? Lovely of you to imply than music aimed at women and "others" is less valid than music aimed at straight men, though - although given your previous form on here it's hardly surprising.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:51
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
...and what does this have to do with the quality of a piece of music? Lovely of you to imply than music aimed at women and "others" is less valid than music aimed at straight men, though - although given your previous form on here it's hardly surprising.
Oh dear nothing of course, I was just musing about her demographic, it doesn't have any bearing on my views about women or anyone else, Im happy to be called a Donkey to, they are very gentle animals, you seem to judge peoples whole view on the world and everything else by what they post on here,to be honest it doesn't matter what you think of me, enough people like me, and that's all that matters, I love Donkeys but my favourite animal is a Lion, I'm Leo from the tosh that is Astrology? I mentioned Adele as a joke, my jokes seem to fall flat on here, but I try, the reason I joke is because this forum has become so toxic in the last months with personal insults and intolerance of others views, so i was trying to lighten the mood. Lt Kudu. :smt005
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 13:33 I mentioned Adele as a joke, my jokes seem to fall flat on here, but I try, the reason I joke is because this forum has become so toxic in the last months with personal insults and intolerance of others views, so i was trying to lighten the mood. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Keep up the good work Kudu but always remember some folk don't know how to laugh :grin:
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Some prefer a good argument to a good laugh.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:06 Some prefer a good argument to a good laugh.
No they don't...
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

parasiteinblack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:34
Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:06 Some prefer a good argument to a good laugh.
No they don't...
What I dislike on here, and I have considered leaving this forum all together, due to the constant negative comments about the current lineup, the reason I don't is people post great links to interviews etc, and I've downloaded some great concerts, but I like to debate with people, I have never called anyone a name on here if I disagree with them, sounds like school, but I wish if people don't like the Stranglers as they are now, yes it's still the Stranglers, not the Baz show, just don't bother posting, it's getting fucking tedious, or if you dont like the new material, maybe state why, without churlish remarks like Baz can't sing etc, no wonder Baz doesn't look on here? Or he probably has and thought, what the fuck, he is human after all, but he's in the band a true Strangler and a fucking nice down to earth bloke, some may want me to leave the forum? But I have a few people on here who seem to enjoy my posts and I enjoy reading others posts, but the toxic shit is pointless. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 16:20
but I like to debate with people, I have never called anyone a name on here if I disagree with them, sounds like school.
Internet forum insults are usually posted from behind a cloak of anonymity.People like that aren't worth worrying about.