John Lydon

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Re: John Lydon

Post by markorbit »

Five Minutes wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 23:07 A fuckin awful person (just read Steve Jones excellent book) who needs to just fuck off and die.
Well isn't that the problem? This latest thing is based on Steve Jones's book!

But yeah, he signed the agreement. Not a chance of winning in court.
Let's Boogie
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

It's tragic how he's turned out.

He strikes me as very jaded , bitter and heavily depressed and with a persecution complex who regards himself as some kind of victim.
But then again in America there is apparently no shortage of people sat by their swimming pools who regard themselves as victims.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

https://www.nme.com/news/music/john-lyd ... er-3078822

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Strange, would like to hear more of that story.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Another boring book from boring old has been, no thanks. John Lyndon lost relevance years ago, and whilst he thinks his opinions make him edgy, they don’t, he just sounds dafter than ever.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Whatever anyone thinks of him, he's never boring, I find him very funny, I get the impression he likes winding people up. I wonder if he really hated the Stranglers music? Lt Kudu.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:22 Whatever anyone thinks of him, he's never boring, I find him very funny, I get the impression he likes winding people up. I wonder if he really hated the Stranglers music? Lt Kudu.
He’s certainly never been complimentary about the stranglers. Personal taste, but I think he has become a boring old reactionary these days. I don’t know if I can even be bothered to get into why though, because people always think differently as is their right, as is his right, but I don’t have to buy his books or listen to his new music thankfully
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jake wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 11:24
Greatkudu wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 09:22 Whatever anyone thinks of him, he's never boring, I find him very funny, I get the impression he likes winding people up. I wonder if he really hated the Stranglers music? Lt Kudu.
He’s certainly never been complimentary about the stranglers. Personal taste, but I think he has become a boring old reactionary these days. I don’t know if I can even be bothered to get into why though, because people always think differently as is their right, as is his right, but I don’t have to buy his books or listen to his new music thankfully
Yes he has become a bit of a parody? But he's a bright bloke, he was on BBC question time a few years ago and was the only one who spoke any sense. I also admire him for caring for his wife who has altzheimers. Lt Kudu.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 17:19
Yes he has become a bit of a parody? But he's a bright bloke, he was on BBC question time a few years ago and was the only one who spoke any sense. I also admire him for caring for his wife who has altzheimers. Lt Kudu.
Definitely a parody, but then again, a mate once said the Pistols were basically the same as a manufactured boy band who just happened to swear a lot, and say things that were considered controversial at the time, I think there’s something in that.

I don’t know about bright bloke, it’s not really for me to say, but some of the stuff he comes out with in respect of Trump, Brexit, his attitude towards the homeless he wants cleared away from the vicinity of his villa in LA, to me anyway that’s not bright, not intelligent, and sounds like the sort of bigotry a lot of punks stood against, to me at any rate.

Sure, I respect that he cares for his wife with Alzheimer’s, but that doesn’t make him any more special than the millions of carers who have to get by with no money at all to their name, who are literally not recognised by anyone in society.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Yes his support of Trump was a bit baffling.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Boody wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 10:18 Yes his support of Trump was a bit baffling.
Not really - he was a property developer when times were lean between success from recordings so he sees the world through the lens of a pragmatic businessman not a blinkered headline watcher.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

pragmatic businessman
how very punk lol