John Lydon

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: John Lydon

Post by theraven1979 »

The "majority control" aspect to that trial seems like he's in a losing situation there for future Pistols releases etc.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Well whatever people think of him he's doing an amazing job caring for his Wife Nora who has Altzheimers, he's an interesting character and had a huge effect on music in this country, always two sides to the story. Lt kudu
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:34 Well whatever people think of him he's doing an amazing job caring for his Wife Nora who has Altzheimers, he's an interesting character and had a huge effect on music in this country, always two sides to the story. Lt kudu
Didn't he and his wife also take custody of Ari Up's kids as she couldn't cope with them?
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

theraven1979 wrote:The "majority control" aspect to that trial seems like he's in a losing situation there for future Pistols releases etc.

Jim
Yes, which makes me wonder if this has been cooked up to publicise this forthcoming biopic thingy.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:38
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:34 Well whatever people think of him he's doing an amazing job caring for his Wife Nora who has Altzheimers, he's an interesting character and had a huge effect on music in this country, always two sides to the story. Lt kudu
Didn't he and his wife also take custody of Ari Up's kids as she couldn't cope with them?
Yes I think they did, so he has another side to him, despite his public persona, he also was very ill as a child, whatever people think of him he is a one off and Metal Box one of the best albums ever IMHO.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I rate a lot of the PiL stuff. Happy? and That What Is Not are also great albums IMO.

He always had his pick of decent musicians though didn't he? McGeogh etc.

Jim
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I actually like "Don't Ask Me" even though it's not what most people typically go to PiL for. I understand it was specifically written to be this short, concise poppy number, and on that level it works. Great chorus.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I find his latest outcry against the verdict a little strange. He signed the majority agreement.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

He's throwing a wobbler, because only John Lydon can be the TRUE GATEKEEPER of the TRUE history and TRUE legacy of the Sex Pistols etc. etc. etc.

...but does he buy Country Life BUTTAH... because it's... BRITISH!?!
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I have some sympathy with lydon. It's can't be easy to have a film made with him as a major character without his blessing.

But it's not as if he signed that agreement in the 70s as a kid, it was in the 90s when it was already obvious the band was in two camps. It probably didn't dawn on him that a sex pistol biography wouldn't be driven by him.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

The crybaby thinks he IS the Sex Pistols and because he can't have his own way ALL THE TIME he has a hissy fit all over the British legal system.

A woman beater (allegedly) a violent racist (allegedly) and someone who supports another rich crybaby (Trump) who takes his ball home when he doesn't get his own way.

A fuckin awful person (just read Steve Jones excellent book) who needs to just fuck off and die.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Sad state of affairs really. When you think about how big that band were/are and they're kinda bowing out like this

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk