White Stallion

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: White Stallion

Post by Greatkudu »

I don't think Paul would sing White Stallion better than JJ, it's suits JJs vocals perfectly, what amazes me about JJs voice is how he can still do the shouty ones like Change and Go Buddy Go, how does he not strain his vocal chords? JJs voice has aged well I think, it has aged like a fine French Red wine of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 11:29 I don't think Paul would sing White Stallion better than JJ, it's suits JJs vocals perfectly, what amazes me about JJs voice is how he can still do the shouty ones like Change and Go Buddy Go, how does he not strain his vocal chords? JJs voice has aged well I think, it has aged like a fine French Red wine of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Agreed White Stallion's not a Paul sung song in the slighest for his vocal range i don't think he would of sung it very well at all,the best suited vocal range to Stallion is by the man who wrote it in the first place and that's JJ with also Baz's vocals in the latter part of the song is right too,but yes agreed this is not a Paul type song at all in my opinion.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 21:21
Greatkudu wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 11:29 I don't think Paul would sing White Stallion better than JJ, it's suits JJs vocals perfectly, what amazes me about JJs voice is how he can still do the shouty ones like Change and Go Buddy Go, how does he not strain his vocal chords? JJs voice has aged well I think, it has aged like a fine French Red wine of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Agreed White Stallion's not a Paul sung song in the slighest for his vocal range i don't think he would of sung it very well at all,the best suited vocal range to Stallion is by the man who wrote it in the first place and that's JJ with also Baz's vocals in the latter part of the song is right too,but yes agreed this is not a Paul type song at all in my opinion.
Paul a great singer but his tone was to deep for most Stranglers songs, Baz a great compromise, his voice has improved over the years I think. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 21:54
toilerinblack wrote: 18 Dec 2021, 21:21
Paul a great singer but his tone was to deep for most Stranglers songs, Baz a great compromise, his voice has improved over the years I think. Lt Kudu.
Yes agreed there i think Stallion wouldn't of suited Paul's vocals at all, the best suited for this song is probably from the man who wrote it himself...JJ's
Yes also to Baz's vocals getting better through age as the acoustic sessions have clearly shown recently,his vocals sound nice on the more softer nicely sung ballads than when he gives it alot of aggression that at times maybe not needed as much as he does do where it can become a little to much... his solo acoustic gigs from the past which has shown he can sing beautiful ballads that sound really nice.It will always be so hard for any vocalist singing a Hugh sung song, it's like Dave too a very hard act to follow and that's not knocking anybody in the band who is covering them live today and i'm very much behind the current line up moving forwards who think's they are all doing really well at what they are doing.