Payday preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Payday preview

Post by zamaguire »

I'll hold fire until I hear the full track.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:58
toilerinblack wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 22:23 well i was quite surprised in the difference to a song i hated live and thought was a weak song sounded really good on what i could hear.The production sounds amazing the sparkle JJ was after for sure.If payday sounded this good once they toke it to the studio and totally changed and revamped this song i just cannot wait to hear last man on the moon and water.But on this short preview its a thumbs up from me on what i thought was the worst song i heard live so far from this album.I've a real feeling this album is going to be right up there or if not better maybe than NC as their best post hugh.
I always loved this song, nice to have an aggressive song on the album, and nothing wrong with older men doing an aggressive song, there will be a good mix, which is what we love about the band or one of the reasons, Louie a very talented chap with the production. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed...Louie a very talented chap like you say that seems to produce very well and getting the best sound, vibe and feel,for me the proofs in the pudding with this album so far,every track i have heard so far from the studio have all been excellent.The album songs as we all know form past experiance will always turn out to be a better than the rough live experimental version.Like i say for me Payday live a few years ago was awlfully weak in just my opinion others like it i know.
I say bring on last man on the moon and water i think they are just going to be just brilliant studio songs they both were anyway live a few years ago let alone what louie will get out of these songs in the studio.....blows the mind on the very thought of what is coming our way in september.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 12:05
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:58
toilerinblack wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 22:23 well i was quite surprised in the difference to a song i hated live and thought was a weak song sounded really good on what i could hear.The production sounds amazing the sparkle JJ was after for sure.If payday sounded this good once they toke it to the studio and totally changed and revamped this song i just cannot wait to hear last man on the moon and water.But on this short preview its a thumbs up from me on what i thought was the worst song i heard live so far from this album.I've a real feeling this album is going to be right up there or if not better maybe than NC as their best post hugh.
I always loved this song, nice to have an aggressive song on the album, and nothing wrong with older men doing an aggressive song, there will be a good mix, which is what we love about the band or one of the reasons, Louie a very talented chap with the production. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed...Louie a very talented chap like you say that seems to produce very well and getting the best sound, vibe and feel,for me the proofs in the pudding with this album so far,every track i have heard so far from the studio have all been excellent.The album songs as we all know form past experiance will always turn out to be a better than the rough live experimental version.Like i say for me Payday live a few years ago was awlfully weak in just my opinion others like it i know.
I say bring on last man on the moon and water i think they are just going to be just brilliant studio songs they both were anyway live a few years ago let alone what louie will get out of these songs in the studio.....blows the mind on the very thought of what is coming our way in september.
Yes I really this album will be a corker.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

From what I've heard so far (and admittedly it's not a great deal) it sounds like the better, more interesting songs are the ones they recorded recently (i.e "If Somethings Gonna Kill Me" and "If you should see Dave").

This one sounds like something from Giants. Back to the Giants standard rock sound. I guess some people like that.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Who's Louie?
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote:From what I've heard so far (and admittedly it's not a great deal) it sounds like the better, more interesting songs are the ones they recorded recently (i.e "If Somethings Gonna Kill Me" and "If you should see Dave").

This one sounds like something from Giants. Back to the Giants standard rock sound. I guess some people like that.

Jim
So the 5 Songs they worked on in April 2019 were Water, Payday, This Song, Man on the Moon and Breathe. They then added Keyboards, Vocals and Guitars 9 Months later...is that a good way to work??......

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:15 So the 5 Songs they worked on in April 2019 were Water, Payday, This Song, Man on the Moon and Breathe. They then added Keyboards, Vocals and Guitars 9 Months later...is that a good way to work??......
It probably is as it gives Dave and Baz plenty of time to work things out over what's already down.
Let's Boogie
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

markorbit wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:15 So the 5 Songs they worked on in April 2019 were Water, Payday, This Song, Man on the Moon and Breathe. They then added Keyboards, Vocals and Guitars 9 Months later...is that a good way to work??......
It probably is as it gives Dave and Baz plenty of time to work things out over what's already down.
Yeah you're right Mark and I guess the April Recordings had Guide Vocals and some Basic Guitar on them too.

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

kenl wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 13:53Who's Louie?
Very funny, keep up :smt005 Louie is their sound man and producer, he also plays keyboards for the Wurzels. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 14:15
theraven1979 wrote:From what I've heard so far (and admittedly it's not a great deal) it sounds like the better, more interesting songs are the ones they recorded recently (i.e "If Somethings Gonna Kill Me" and "If you should see Dave").

Jim
So the 5 Songs they worked on in April 2019 were Water, Payday, This Song, Man on the Moon and Breathe. They then added Keyboards, Vocals and Guitars 9 Months later...is that a good way to work??......

They were so busy in 2019,i don't think it matters, it's the final result that counts, I believe the album will be worth the wait. Lt Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I feel I've already heard too much of this album, pre-release.The live versions, the snippets and the Dave single.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

StanInBlack wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 11:58 First thought: "hmm, this doesn't seem to be sounding too bad."
Second thought: "nah... bisted and twitter? fuck off."

Ultimately, it's default mode post-Hugh Stranglers doing what they do (again) with JJ writing about revenge (again - yawn!) and the usual whiff of "old man yelling at clouds" they've had in their songwriting since the not so golden days of "Retro Rockets" ...

The way Baz sings "bisted and twitter", trying to give it a bit of attitude, has this whole "look, I just said a clever thing" vibe to it which is comical for all the wrong reasons. Fortunately, other tracks previewed at least show signs of them at least trying to do something else so I won't write it all off just yet.
😀