Films.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Films.

Post by Niki Wu »

Roman Polanski is something of a guilty pleasure for me. I've just watched Death and the Maiden. Can we separate a person's art from the morality (or lack thereof) of their behaviour in private? I guess Michael Jackson and as someone mentioned Caravaggio would be examples of this.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Halifax Linda wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:20 Recently Kudu started a thread on films about “Westerns”
Some of us wandered off topic.
So what other films. Any genres are favourites??
Like I said I got “Whistle down the wind” for Xmas.
Love Hammer house of horror.
Godfather. Goodfellas. True Romance Jaws. Spinal Tap to name a few.
Wasn't Whistle Down the Wind that film about kids finding some bloke in a barn and they think he is Jesus or something ? If that's the one it is a classic old film . Same sort of era as Loneliness of the Long distance runner and that is also worth a watch. I think I like far too many films to mention , from all era's . The only stuff I would avoid is musical or romance types .Girlfriend says all I watch is gory violent films , but I did watch Watership Down and enjoyed that a lot . Even been watching Laurel and Hardy's lately too .
All quiet ..........
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Yeah that’s the one
Whistle down the wind
Classic. Alan Bates
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Niki Wu wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 23:04 Roman Polanski is something of a guilty pleasure for me. I've just watched Death and the Maiden. Can we separate a person's art from the morality (or lack thereof) of their behaviour in private? I guess Michael Jackson and as someone mentioned Caravaggio would be examples of this.
Another one of his

Bitter Moon
See You At The Bar
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ok this is not even my opinion it's just fact :smt005 Get Carter with Michael Caine possibly the greatest British Film ever made? Sorry to be arrogant of course it's not but certainly one of the Best along with the Wicker Man etc, Michael Caine is superb in Get Carter,not an easy watch,the violence is graphic and disturbing,but that's one of the elements that makes it so good along with the seedy underbelly of the Newcastle under world,a great supporting cast including Ian Hendry, and even Dave from Minder makes an appearance,but if you haven't seen this movie watch it,it's just classic British movie class, don't even mention the remake :smt013 with Sly Stallone,perfection doesn't exist but it does in Get Carter and it makes me realize what a great actor Michael Caine is,this is one special movie,if you don't like it I will eat my hat.Lt Norman
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

I've just watched a charming little film in the "Best of British" section on BBC iplayer. This Beautiful Fantastic if you're interested. I'm now about to tear unashamedly into Murder on the Orient Express featuring a star studded cast which includes Lauren Bacall (hang on need my glasses to read these headlines).
Most recently I've watched Amonite and Benediction on Netflix.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Corruption a barking 1968 Horror with the late great Peter Cushing,he plays a Plastic Surgeon who accidentally disfigures his younger Model Girlfriend by knocking over a high power photographic Lamp while having a fight with a Sleazy Photographer at a party, possibly one of the weirdest films I have ever seen,Peter Cushing is possibly playing his strangest role ever,I won't say more but if you like weird off the wall horror with one of the greatest actors of the genre,this is the film for you,also has Tony Booth as the Sleazy Photographer.I think I have sold it? Lt kudu.