Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Post by Greatkudu »

mickinblack wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 21:09 Tickets are over £70
Shocking and sad, but human greed never surprises me.
I know tickets are pricey but great chance to see original band, I will probably go, this is what the Stranglers should have done,but sadly to late now, when you think shit acts like little mix charge more, doesn't seem to bad and it's an iconic band, I have never seen Rat play as started seeing the damned only from 2002,i understand what you are saying and I said the same, but I've thought about it and fuck it I'm going, it will be great, but worried about Brian James health, he doesn't look well at all. Lt Kudu.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 10:06
Bobinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:36 I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something Image

I bet even they aren't absolutely sure where they'll be after July. Sure they might state this is "the last time" but they did that in 1988 also and countless times before.

Jim

TBF Jim, it's only like you stating that the band will get about a million quid to share out of this :smt003
Not really. I said they'll "probably" make a million not "they will" or "they won't". Mine wasn't quite the statement of fact.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Like Rat said "everyone had their price" I can't blame them tbh. Who here would turn £250k away? It's a charitable amount if nothing else

Jim
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree completely especially when you're doing something fun.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:36 I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something :lol:
I listened to what they said in the press conference, I listen to and read what they say elsewhere, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that Dave will want to do the newer stuff and Brian won't as he wasn't involved in that, Sensible will want to go back to guitar, and PG and Monty are very much part of the current band :grin:

It's not like nobody on here ever states their opinions as if they were facts now is it? :lol:

It's all opinions!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It's going to be interesting to see what the overall outcome of this is as there's always still the chance that it may not even happen as scheduled, but while "New Rose" is undoubtedly a timeless classic and the first couple of Damned albums have their moments, I see the early Brian James era of the band as merely a stepping stone to better things, and The Black Album and Strawberries era as their actual creative peak.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what the overall outcome of this is as there's always still the chance that it may not even happen as scheduled, but while "New Rose" is undoubtedly a timeless classic and the first couple of Damned albums have their moments, I see the early Brian James era of the band as merely a stepping stone to better things, and The Black Album and Strawberries era as their actual creative peak.
Agreed. Surely there has to be room for Scabies with PG, Vanian and Sensible and Black album/Strawberries tour?

Jim

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Four dates have now become five - a second London date has been added on July 10.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Boody wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 18:31 Four dates have now become five - a second London date has been added on July 10.
I hope they add Leeds too, just don’t know how long the Cap will hold out on being ‘relegated’ back to playing bass though. I’m sure that’ll be on his mind along with trying to stay amicable with Mr Rattus Norscabeycus.
:?
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Fantastic line up the damned at their best.But at over 60 quid a go me thinks not :smt009
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

Just been reading an interview with Brian james. Apparently,there will be a couple of support bands. Depending who it is,that could tempt me to fork out the dosh. Uk subs and the skids would tip the balance.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

manticore wrote:Just been reading an interview with Brian james. Apparently,there will be a couple of support bands. Depending who it is,that could tempt me to fork out the dosh. Uk subs and the skids would tip the balance.
For the ticket price they're charging it would have to be Elvis

Jim

manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

theraven1979 wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 06:49
manticore wrote:Just been reading an interview with Brian james. Apparently,there will be a couple of support bands. Depending who it is,that could tempt me to fork out the dosh. Uk subs and the skids would tip the balance.
For the ticket price they're charging it would have to be Elvis

Jim

He was justifying the price in the interview.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran