Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Post by Greatkudu »

markorbit wrote: 12 Oct 2022, 15:47 I'd have hated to pay full price only to see this.
Well if you fancy paying 65 quid plus you can always see the Legends N Dubz who are touring soon,enjoy.Lt Kudu. :smt013
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I reckon the original damned were offered a lot of money to tour and someone else organised it all, but misjudged demand.

It's obvious that either this line up would implode and only do this tour, or carry on but not at the premium price. So either way, it would be easy for fans to sit this one out and get reasonable priced tickets next time around.

I don't see it a the damned being greedy, just maybe over reaching. It would be the same if say, 15/ 20 years ago the original Stranglers got together. We know it wouldn't last for ever so we'd be balancing out the cost of a one off, or seeing the same songs played cheaper the following year.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 08:57 I reckon the original damned were offered a lot of money to tour and someone else organised it all, but misjudged demand.

It's obvious that either this line up would implode and only do this tour, or carry on but not at the premium price. So either way, it would be easy for fans to sit this one out and get reasonable priced tickets next time around.

I don't see it a the damned being greedy, just maybe over reaching. It would be the same if say, 15/ 20 years ago the original Stranglers got together. We know it wouldn't last for ever so we'd be balancing out the cost of a one off, or seeing the same songs played cheaper the following year.
It's all about money nothing wrong with that,but be honest about it,your right I think the demand wasn't there,but tickets are selling better now.Lt Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Just got my tickets, sent email, today. A note from agency "Please note that if you requested to have your tickets sent out in the post, the delivery method has been changed to e-tickets. This is to ensure you will receive your tickets in time for the event."
Smashing, doesn't fucken mention any refund of the £5 mail out cost that I forked out for and they've obviously just trousered.
I tell ye, Ticket Agencies, they could have got a job riding with Dick Turpin back in the day.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:03 Just got my tickets, sent email, today. A note from agency "Please note that if you requested to have your tickets sent out in the post, the delivery method has been changed to e-tickets. This is to ensure you will receive your tickets in time for the event."
Smashing, doesn't fucken mention any refund of the £5 mail out cost that I forked out for and they've obviously just trousered.
I tell ye, Ticket Agencies, they could have got a job riding with Dick Turpin back in the day.
Disgraceful Rip off c.nts.Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

MiB81 wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:03 Just got my tickets, sent email, today. A note from agency "Please note that if you requested to have your tickets sent out in the post, the delivery method has been changed to e-tickets. This is to ensure you will receive your tickets in time for the event."
Ya tight bastart. I bet your pet Flea still doesn’t have any shorts.
Shush this is serious
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 12:03
Ya tight bastart. I bet your pet Flea still doesn’t have any shorts.
Now Now Sir.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You gotta wonder how Scabies and Sensible are getting on

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 18:11 You gotta wonder how Scabies and Sensible are getting on

Jim

They seem ok as it's all about lovely Money.Lt Kudu :smt013
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 18:11 You gotta wonder how Scabies and Sensible are getting on

Jim

They seem ok as it's all about lovely Money.Lt Kudu :smt013
Sounds like time for a song "they come to see the dungeons here...."

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Well if they could at least hold it together until Friday evening I'd be grateful - I've paid enough for these tickets.
I hope they play "One Way Love"...
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

parasiteinblack wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 21:32 Well if they could at least hold it together until Friday evening I'd be grateful - I've paid enough for these tickets.
I hope they play "One Way Love"...
Sir I'm sure it will be good,we look forward to your in depth review.Lt K