Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The Damned Show

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 20:37
Greatkudu wrote:Wow I didn't see that coming, Great that Rats back,the best drummer for the Damned without a doubt, will make me want to see them again.Major Kudu.
You didn't see it coming? Clearly you weren't reading this thread 2 weeks ago Image

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
No I've been in Rehab. :evil:
No! No! No!

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jcinblack
Rats Rally

Post by jcinblack »

£61 quid for balcony seats in Bristol. Think that's taking the piss
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Barras it is!

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Vintage line up. 45 quid for Manchester academy I see. Not the best of venues in Manchester to honest. The ritz is miles better
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

MrBlack77 wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 14:42 Vintage line up. 45 quid for Manchester academy I see. Not the best of venues in Manchester to honest. The ritz is miles better
A lot om early gigs were in London and the south coast. However, now I generally make excursions to Manchester. There are some really good venues in Manchester. Yes, the Ritz is great especially when the audience jumps up and down on the suspended floor. I love the Albert Hall as well (saw Suede and PJ Harvey there). The Academies are good - all 4 of them. The Apollo is also alright especially if there is standing downstairs. And then there is the Arena - only a few bands are good there (e.g. Rammstein and Sabbath). Never bothered with Castlefield - too much risk of being pissed in by the rain!
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Palais23 wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 19:32
MrBlack77 wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 14:42 Vintage line up. 45 quid for Manchester academy I see. Not the best of venues in Manchester to honest. The ritz is miles better
A lot om early gigs were in London and the south coast. However, now I generally make excursions to Manchester. There are some really good venues in Manchester. Yes, the Ritz is great especially when the audience jumps up and down on the suspended floor. I love the Albert Hall as well (saw Suede and PJ Harvey there). The Academies are good - all 4 of them. The Apollo is also alright especially if there is standing downstairs. And then there is the Arena - only a few bands are good there (e.g. Rammstein and Sabbath). Never bothered with Castlefield - too much risk of being pissed in by the rain!
. The academies 2 3 4 are decent enough venues but 1 is like a old school assembly hall which a lot of the time seems to struggle with the sound The Apollo is much better especially nowadays with it been all standing downstairs unlike the 70s and 80s. I have been the castlefield bowl and it was ok It never rains in Manchester so don’t let that put you off😂. As far as venues go in Manchester you won’t find anything or anywhere better than the star and garter proper little old school pub venue absolutely brilliant night out 👍