Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke

Post by markorbit »

jason wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 22:27 Isn't their new album out soon or has it been delayed?
Just watched a recent interview with Jaz and he says it could be 'next year or the year after or something'. So it sounds like they aren't thinking anytime soon.
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 10:38
jason wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 22:27 Isn't their new album out soon or has it been delayed?
Just watched a recent interview with Jaz and he says it could be 'next year or the year after or something'. So it sounds like they aren't thinking anytime soon.
Oh right. That's a shame.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Not much happening at the moment. Some personal things need ironing out from what i know. But that stays here OK?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

jetblacksdad wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 17:56 Not much happening at the moment. Some personal things need ironing out from what i know. But that stays here OK?
Of course.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have Killing Jokes first album which is a classic,I also have Revelations, I saw a John Robb interview with Youth last night and I was amazed how many bands Youth has produced,I've never seen Killing Joke live but they must be one of the great bands, nothing quite like them,I have listened to their latest EP and I'm impressed.Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 16:23 I have Killing Jokes first album which is a classic,I also have Revelations, I saw a John Robb interview with Youth last night and I was amazed how many bands Youth has produced,I've never seen Killing Joke live but they must be one of the great bands, nothing quite like them,I have listened to their latest EP and I'm impressed.Lt Kudu.
Most of their albums are definitely worth checking out. I've never seen them live as well.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 16:30
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 16:23 I have Killing Jokes first album which is a classic,I also have Revelations, I saw a John Robb interview with Youth last night and I was amazed how many bands Youth has produced,I've never seen Killing Joke live but they must be one of the great bands, nothing quite like them,I have listened to their latest EP and I'm impressed.Lt Kudu.
Most of their albums are definitely worth checking out. I've never seen them live as well.
They certainly are a one off,very in the Occult.The first album is fantastic.Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think my favourites are Brighter than a thousand suns, Extremities and Pylon but they are all worth a listen.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I rather like those 80s albums.i can't really get onboard with the chugga chugga guitar hard rock stuff.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 22:08 I rather like those 80s albums.i can't really get onboard with the chugga chugga guitar hard rock stuff.

Jim

Yes I agree. I'm not so keen on their metal rock sounding tracks. I actually also really liked the Outside the gate album which is quite experimental for them and quite melodic.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 22:08 I rather like those 80s albums.i can't really get onboard with the chugga chugga guitar hard rock stuff.

Jim

I'd certainly like to see elements of the 80's come back in.
Geordie uses some great chords but when he accented parts through picking, like on Night tIme or Brighter, he shone.
There was a glimmer of hope on the newer recordings.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

jetblacksdad wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 08:54

Jim

I'd certainly like to see elements of the 80's come back in.
Geordie uses some great chords but when he accented parts through picking, like on Night tIme or Brighter, he shone.
There was a glimmer of hope on the newer recordings.
Yep I agree with that.