Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

Well with three original members they could carry on I guess. Big boots to fill though.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Geordie is on the front page of Vive Le Rock Magazine.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

6Music session from 2016 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001t01m

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Today is Geordie's funeral. Midday Czech time, 11am ours. Perhaps spare a thought.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've been playing them quite a bit recently since he passed. They've certainly made some incredible music over the years!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've only just got around to watching The Death and Resurrection Show on You Tube. That was really a good documentary on the band. It's a real shame what happened to Geordie. I'd really love it if they made another album but I'm not sure if it will happen now and who could replace Geordie? I really can't think of another guitar player like him who could take over.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I'm off to see Jaz on his spoken word tour in a few days. Jaz's statement on the passing of Geordie mentioned that Geordie wanted 'radical change' but at that time he didn't elaborate. In a new interview he says that Geordie 'had had enough' and didn't want to keep the current line up going. Jaz also says his work with KJ is not finished.
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 12:31 I'm off to see Jaz on his spoken word tour in a few days. Jaz's statement on the passing of Geordie mentioned that Geordie wanted 'radical change' but at that time he didn't elaborate. In a new interview he says that Geordie 'had had enough' and didn't want to keep the current line up going. Jaz also says his work with KJ is not finished.
Thanks for that. That's very interesting. I hope they can continue releasing new music but obviously Geordie is a big loss for them.
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

I hear jaz has pissed one or two people off on his spoken word tour anyone on here go any of the shows?
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

MrBlack77 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 20:48 I hear jaz has pissed one or two people off on his spoken word tour anyone on here go any of the shows?
Yes, Sheffield yesterday. Whatever mishaps happened earlier were not present. It was pretty cool. Jaz came across well and had time for people afterwards.
Let's Boogie
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

markorbit wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 21:19
MrBlack77 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 20:48 I hear jaz has pissed one or two people off on his spoken word tour anyone on here go any of the shows?
Yes, Sheffield yesterday. Whatever mishaps happened earlier were not present. It was pretty cool. Jaz came across well and had time for people afterwards.
I was told apparently at Manchester there was a picture on show of Geordie just before he passed away which apparently was in poor taste. Which lead to a couple of people leaving 🤔. Which if this was the case it’s very sad
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

MrBlack77 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 21:37
markorbit wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 21:19
I was told apparently at Manchester there was a picture on show of Geordie just before he passed away which apparently was in poor taste. Which lead to a couple of people leaving 🤔. Which if this was the case it’s very sad
Yes I heard the same though wasn't it the first one in Glasgow? Manchester was where he removed it (I think).
Let's Boogie