Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 22:04
jason wrote:What's Jaz Coleman's voice like live?
Really good. I've got some footage. I'll upload it at some point

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Ok great. I thought his voice might be on the way out but obviously not then!
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

Glasgow Barrowland 06/04/2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORiJiZ1F-8

Full gig.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

yesican wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 08:54 Glasgow Barrowland 06/04/2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORiJiZ1F-8

Full gig.
Cool. I'll watch all of that later. Just had a quick peek, good to hear the keyboards up in the mix.
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have the first album and Revelations, one of the most unique bands this country has ever produced Jaz Coleman also a classical conductor, I sound a bit wimpy but I find some of their music abit unerving, I know he is very into the Occult, I here they are one of the best live bands ever? I have never seen them live but I really should try and go one day.Lt Kudu.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 15:26 I have the first album and Revelations, one of the most unique bands this country has ever produced Jaz Coleman also a classical conductor, I sound a bit wimpy but I find some of their music abit unerving, I know he is very into the Occult, I here they are one of the best live bands ever? I have never seen them live but I really should try and go one day.Lt Kudu.
I love Killing Joke and I'm obviously in the minority but I don't find them very good live at all. Then again I'm not a big fan of some of the pre-Nighttime stuff which the diehards want on every tour. I find a lot of that very one-dimensional. They're making great albums now though. I also love Outside The Gate which is considered the black sheep of their catalogue. Jaz is a great composer.... he uses those notes that don't get played much!
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

markorbit wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 13:41
Greatkudu wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 15:26 I have the first album and Revelations, one of the most unique bands this country has ever produced Jaz Coleman also a classical conductor, I sound a bit wimpy but I find some of their music abit unerving, I know he is very into the Occult, I here they are one of the best live bands ever? I have never seen them live but I really should try and go one day.Lt Kudu.
I love Killing Joke and I'm obviously in the minority but I don't find them very good live at all. Then again I'm not a big fan of some of the pre-Nighttime stuff which the diehards want on every tour. I find a lot of that very one-dimensional. They're making great albums now though. I also love Outside The Gate which is considered the black sheep of their catalogue. Jaz is a great composer.... he uses those notes that don't get played much!
Yes no one in music quite like Jaz Coleman. Lt Kudu.
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 15:39
Yes no one in music quite like Jaz Coleman. Lt Kudu.
He's the mustard!
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've never seen them live but I do agree with you about their albums. I quite like their early stuff but prefer albums like Night Time, Suns, Gate, Extremities, Dissent and Pylon.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

They really are a pretty unique band, old Jaz a very switched on and intelligent chap, I still think there First album is an absolute classic, like nothing that I had heard before. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

The Death & Resurrection Show - Live Birmingham 2022

One of my fave guitar players - Jeff Beck (with some bloke called Johnny Depp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W880sN7oYg
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 23:58 The Death & Resurrection Show - Live Birmingham 2022

One of my fave guitar players - Jeff Beck (with some bloke called Johnny Depp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W880sN7oYg
Was Amber Turd there? Lt Kudu. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Isn't their new album out soon or has it been delayed?